Stadium of light concerts 2023

Bit different playing a couple of songs as a guest to getting a new drummer for a band, particularly when it's to replace your mate who died.
True, I know they were close too. I don't know. I'm probably massively misreading things, but I think Dave is addicted to the buzz of performing and will be back soon in one capacity or another.

Lady Gaga would fill it no bother.

Was at Spurs for her concert on Friday (bairns choice) and I spoke to people from Italy, Belgium, Mexico, Denmark, Israel, Scotland and Ireland who had all flown in just for the gig. Was shocked at how popular she was.

I booked black cats tickets for my missus and I last time.

I thought she was going through the motions personally.
Almost where the fuck am I and I can’t be arsed.
Should’ve got amongst it. Hold up was 👌🏻
Lady Gaga would fill it no bother.

Was at Spurs for her concert on Friday (bairns choice) and I spoke to people from Italy, Belgium, Mexico, Denmark, Israel, Scotland and Ireland who had all flown in just for the gig. Was shocked at how popular she was.
Shocked at how popular one the biggest artists in the world is?

Should’ve got amongst it. Hold up was 👌🏻

Shocked at how popular one the biggest artists in the world is?
Aye, thought it was only Sunderland who took over London. 🤣 I mean in terms of worldwide appeal - never before have I met people from as far away places as I did at weekend that had come to UK just for the concert.

Aye, thought it was only Sunderland who took over London. 🤣 I mean in terms of worldwide appeal - never before have I met people from as far away places as I did at weekend that had come to UK just for the concert.
Gaga has a fiercely loyal fanbase which has been demonstrated over the years by the fact that they have stuck with her thru the Tony Bennett stuff, the Joanne album, the Star is Born stuff etc etc……I know this cos my daughter is one of them……Gaga can do no wrong as far as she is concerned on record, on film, on stage or indeed anywhere…..she almost demands that type of devotion and gets it
Bit different playing a couple of songs as a guest to getting a new drummer for a band, particularly when it's to replace your mate who died.
Surely the other members of the Foos are his mates too ?……..more so than any new musicians he might want to recruit

Last edited:
GnR are probably a band who would sell arenas out, but maybe not stadiums.
They've just finished the European leg of a worldwide stadium tour. I saw them at Spurs' ground just last month.
I think they'll keep it going tbh, mind they haven't had a decent record for 20 years but it'd be a good thing for the live shows.
Not a chance the Foos'll wrap in. It's just not what bands do.
I saw rumours of a 2023 tour the other day like.

Last edited:
Iron maiden and Metallica would definitely sell it out.
Maiden don’t have the crossover appeal for the casual fan unfortunately. They’ll be touring their album next year so it’ll likely by Newcastle arena. Metallica do play stadiums but have focussed on bigger population areas for gigs eg Manchester & London

Metallica must be a good shout
I've heard them teasing that they wrote an album during lockdown, so if they can get that recorded
Plus, Ulrich being Ulrich, he'll no doubt try and cash in asap on the new crowd that will have discovered them via Stranger Things and that hype

Back