Stadium of light concerts 2023

I saw rumours of a 2023 tour the other day like.

They've gone mysteriously quiet like, last album came out autumn 2020 and they said then they were itching to get out and do a (most likely final) tour ASAP covid permitting. Thought it'd have been last year or this year based off that.

If they don't announce a tour sharpish now I think it's safe to say their live days are finally done.

Last edited:
:lol: Well...

What a carry on actually.

First off - I wasn't aware of the issues on the Friday night getting folk in the ground and Michael Monroe having to cancel the opening slot. GN'R apparently late one, but did a full show, with some technical difficulties during Estranged.

So Saturday when we're there. The info says 6.45 GN'R start - I thought surely not, but Tottenham's a shit hole and we get in the ground for Gary Clarke Jr and beers anyway. I think Monroe cancelled that night too.

I think they came on about 8.20. I saw them come up the side tunnel and they musta been on the stage for a good 20 minutes before coming out.

The sound wasn't great to begin with - we're in the stands to the side with a great view of the stage. It settled down pretty quickly, but I'm aware there were a lot of complaints about the sound over both nights.

Axl, I thought, started off very well. It's So Easy, Brownstone, Slither, Jungle, Double Talkin' Jive - all great. He seemed on form, I was loving it.

Then they did Estranged. Was going pretty well, then it got to the last verse and he noticeably dropped the register. He was in tune, just lower. I actually thought it was a fairly sensible move and I think he should look at doing it more often.

After Estranged he had a bit crack with the crowd, saying how he'd been unwell, slept at the ground the previous night to try and ensure that night's show would go ahead. He said something along the lines of we're gonna change a few of the songs about n how they do them 'cos he's having throat problems and he hopes we don't mind, but the dates were important to them. We later found out he'd had a panic attack before going on - I dunno if that was on stage or earlier in the evening.

Live and Let Die next up, pretty flawless actually, and the silly sod's still screaming when he could probably get away with sitting out the ad libs. Same again in Absurd, which lets face it is a piss n pint song.

Bizarre cover of Wichita Lineman followed - bit low in the register for him and not sure it carried off well.

Next thing I know they've got Carrie Underwood on for Sweet Child O' Mine, and what had been a pretty enjoyable night up to that point had been cut short by a good three quarters of an hour. No November Rain, no Rocket Queen, no You Could Be Mine (though they didn't play that the night before either).

So what started off so well, and me thinking Axl's on form, ended on a bit of a sour note and me feeling a tad short changed - despite them in fairness still delivering a two hour show.

They cancelled Glasgow a few nights later as he wasn't well.

Still, for two hours it was fuckin' class.

I saw them at the Olympic stadium in 2017, thought they were a bit underwhelming to be honest.

Just seemed lacklustre in terms of energy and general commitment from them all.

However a mate went to the Spurs ground gig (one you were at) and said they were improved.

Best Slash gig I've been to by far was Velvet Revolver at the Newcastle Academy back in 2008 (iirc), it was on their last tour.
Festivals are the rage now rather than stadium gigs.
This, think I'd much prefer getting a day only ticket for a festival (assuming I didn't want to/couldn't do the whole festival weekend) to see the headliner than seeing them in a stadium with karen types and the like.

Last edited:
There’s very few bands out there atm who could sell out a stadium.

It’s a real shame.

I therefore doubt the names announced will be of any interest to me, so I’m just hoping the biggest artists possible to sell the stadium out and make the city a load of money.
There's loads of bands that would sell loads of tickets who have toured the last few years but it's whether they would play here.

Rolling Stones
Guns and Roses
AC/DC
Pearl Jam
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rage Against The Machine
Liam Gallagher
Muse
The Eagles
U2
Coldplay
The Stone Roses (if they run out of cash again)
Radiohead
Arctic Monkeys
Green Day
The Who
Queen

The Strokes, Kasabian, Jack White, Imagine Dragons are possibilities of selling a lot as well if they have good support I reckon.

If it’s only a couple of dates I could see them in Sunderland, depends on how big the tour is .

And Radiohead are the greatest band currently still putting out music 😀

It's a strange way they are touring this album

European festival shows first
Small intimate ones in October

There's loads of bands that would sell loads of tickets who have toured the last few years but it's whether they would play here.

Rolling Stones
Guns and Roses
AC/DC
Pearl Jam
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rage Against The Machine
Liam Gallagher
Muse
The Eagles
U2
Coldplay
The Stone Roses (if they run out of cash again)
Radiohead
Arctic Monkeys
Green Day
The Who
Queen

The Strokes, Kasabian, Jack White, Imagine Dragons are possibilities of selling a lot as well if they have good support I reckon.
That is true. But then you have to half that list because they toured recently, then half it again for the ones that won’t choose the SoL and then probably half it again due to possible scheduling conflicts.

It’s a difficult one.

That is true. But then you have to half that list because they toured recently, then half it again for the ones that won’t choose the SoL and then probably half it again due to possible scheduling conflicts.

It’s a difficult one.
For sure, it'll be all about who is doing UK Stadium tours that year and then offering a better package than the other stadiums in the UK.

Eminem is another one, meant to have an album out again soon, must have been a few years since he played the UK now, would do well here and it's be somehwere new for him to play.

Back