Stadium improvement ideas

I wouldn’t expect the recreation of the Mainstand, I would’ve built an upscale version of Roker Park anyway but I loved the place and grew up from 6 year old going there. I’m an old fart though. :lol:
The rest should happen soon though get our illustrious and proud club back in the limelight. On the pitch would be canny anawl. :)

Well the rest is a great idea, i am reminded of what Roy Keane did during his time as manager putting pictures up of the clubs most successful teams, which was a great idea at the time, so what you suggesting is just adding to that for me.

Hot foods a guaranteed fanny on for clubs. Health certificates, freezing, expiry dates etc. One selling crisps, mars bars, etc I’d agree with.

No cash machine provider would want to waste their machines at a once a fortnight type venue.
Yeah they would. Cash machine companies put them in all over the place. I was working at Old Trafford Cricket Ground a few weeks ago and it has 2. They put temporary ones in as extra when there is a big event on such as the ashes.

The reason why they don't like putting them in is because of the cost to store them there but the club would give them a cut price as it makes it easier for people to buy products from the club.

Maintenance costs covered by a charge per withdrawal. Sorted

Last edited:
Contactless payments would help a lot with queues.

Even Hartlepool accept contactless for pay on the gate.

i have been thinking, i reckon we should get a poll put up on here, with the best ideas vote for them, then @Ghandi Floss, can explain at the meeting with the club which were the strongest ideas and then put them direct to Stewart Donald, and the rest of the board.

There appears to be main issues standing out as it is, so I'll definitely be taking them up in the next meeting.

Yeah they would. Cash machine companies put them in all over the place. I was working at Old Trafford Cricket Ground a few weeks ago and it has 2. They put temporary ones in as extra when there is a big event on such as the ashes.

The reason why they don't like putting them in is because of the cost to store them there but the club would give them a cut price as it makes it easier for people to buy products from the club.

Maintenance costs covered by a charge per withdrawal. Sorted
I used to install cashpoints. If there’s no regular return then the providers won’t want to know.

I used to install cashpoints. If there’s no regular return then the providers won’t want to know.
Of course, they cost money to install and maintain.. but how would this not guarantee a return of money? 30,000 people every 2 weeks.... not to mention the gigs which are supposedly returning.

I mean I was at old Trafford Cricket Ground a few weeks ago. They've got 4 cash machines inside the stadium.

Of course, they cost money to install and maintain.. but how would this not guarantee a return of money? 30,000 people every 2 weeks.... not to mention the gigs which are supposedly returning.

I mean I was at old Trafford Cricket Ground a few weeks ago. They've got 4 cash machines inside the stadium.
We’ll obviously if there’s a profit they’ll do it.
Will there be a profit with a game every ten days or so? 30,000 people? Do you think everyone will use them? With a fee? Every single attending fan? Every fan aged five to ninety five? Every single one?

We’ll obviously if there’s a profit they’ll do it.
Will there be a profit with a game every ten days or so? 30,000 people? Do you think everyone will use them? With a fee? Every single attending fan? Every fan aged five to ninety five? Every single one?
Hahaha well they don't all have to. You just need enough to make a profit. So put one in each side of the ground. 4 cash machines, premium charge of 1.50 or whatever it is. The club aren't gonna charge you for having them there... they don't take card payments, it means people can buy their food and drink, it keeps fans happy. Easy.

Hahaha well they don't all have to. You just need enough to make a profit. So put one in each side of the ground. 4 cash machines, premium charge of 1.50 or whatever it is. The club aren't gonna charge you for having them there... they don't take card payments, it means people can buy their food and drink, it keeps fans happy. Easy.
Will they make a profit? Is what I’m saying. Will they make enough money to be worth the while of the provider at £1:50 a shot? In the NE?
Myself I walk straight past the chargers and head for the freebies and I live in that London where I happily pay £732.75 for a non on point Fosters.

Will they make a profit? Is what I’m saying. Will they make enough money to be worth the while of the provider at £1:50 a shot? In the NE?
Myself I walk straight past the chargers and head for the freebies and I live in that London where I happily pay £732.75 for a non on point Fosters.
Mate ya should see the f***ing queue for that one cash point at the ticket office every week. It's a nightmare.

Mate ya should see the f***ing queue for that one cash point at the ticket office every week. It's a nightmare.

Not just folk going to the match will use too, I bet patrons at the Hilton and The Colliery will use it as will workers from all the businesses nearby. That's in addition to the hammering it gets on a matchday

Cheers, RAWA doing the work it was for to begin with.
Hell of a lot of supporters I know have not got a clue what RAWA is so what they will be putting forward is the view of the minority of supporters.

Well it's about time they drew money out at the hundreds of machines all over Sunderland.

Hell of a lot of supporters I know have not got a clue what RAWA is so what they will be putting forward is the view of the minority of supporters.

If you have something you would like see changed, to added to the list of stuff @Ghandi Floss can take to Stewart Donald, I am sure he is keen to know

How would you go about this ?

also can we make sure that members from the south stand, not be included to vote on other sides of the ground, north, east, and west stands, as its not applicable to them

A questionnaire format issued to season card holders only (similar to the online poll that I believe RAWA has input into). If any questions are aimed at specific areas that do not impact on all fans it will have to be specific to that area of the ground and the fans that sit/stand there. General questions should be answered by all. There’s no reason why the club can’t get a sample by asking fans underneath the concourse before the game and at half time. They could leave suggestion slips on the bars or as soon as you walk through the turnstiles etc.

There are people on here that quite obviously choose to have an opposite opinion based on who suggested it and where it is in the ground. I recall some fans being against a singing section in an attempt to upset the fans that wanted it. The same has happened to fans wanting safe standing even though it won’t impact on those that don’t want it. We have fans commenting on chants that don’t even sing, I was amazed that some had a strong opinion of the food/drink situation even though they don’t eat or drink in the ground.

A questionnaire format issued to season card holders only (similar to the online poll that I believe RAWA has input into). If any questions are aimed at specific areas that do not impact on all fans it will have to be specific to that area of the ground and the fans that sit/stand there. General questions should be answered by all. There’s no reason why the club can’t get a sample by asking fans underneath the concourse before the game and at half time. They could leave suggestion slips on the bars or as soon as you walk through the turnstiles etc.

There are people on here that quite obviously choose to have an opposite opinion based on who suggested it and where it is in the ground. I recall some fans being against a singing section in an attempt to upset the fans that wanted it. The same has happened to fans wanting safe standing even though it won’t impact on those that don’t want it. We have fans commenting on chants that don’t even sing, I was amazed that some had a strong opinion of the food/drink situation even though they don’t eat or drink in the ground.

Excellent idea, keeps it relevant i suppose @Ghandi Floss, Could also suggest this, to the club as it seems reasonable and it would be great PR for the club as well, all it all however this thread has be first class.

Back