Stadia..

Boinger

Winger
So what is this?

I'm a very occasional xbox player (Fallout, Skyrim) so is this pay a fee and play anything on my xbox 1?

Stadia is a cloud gaming service developed and operated by Google. It is advertised to be capable of streaming video games up to 4K resolution at 60 frames per second with support for high-dynamic-range, to players via the company's numerous data centers. It is accessible through the Google Chromeweb browser on personal computers, supported smartphones,[1] as well as Chrome OS tablets and Chromecast for TV support.[2] There is also an experimental mode with support for all Androiddevices capable of installing the Stadia mobile app.[3] Google announced plans for an iOS browser-based progressive web application for Stadia in November 2020.
I had one, they are good at what they do to be honest. Give it a go, you can get one for £40

Last edited:
You can give it a go for free if you have something which can use chrome and you can connect your Xbox controller to. Then sign up for the free month trial and play one of the free games. If you like it and want to get the hardware to play on your tv (controller and chrome cast ultra) you can then buy it (there will be loads on eBay) or they currently have a deal where you get one free with a purchase of cyberpunk 2077.

Just to say as well you don’t need to pay the monthly fee. This fee is to play in 4K with 5.1 sound and you get free games (usually about 6 per month). You can just buy the games you want and play in hd without the monthly fee.

let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll try and answer. I’ve had it since it came out last year

You can give it a go for free if you have something which can use chrome and you can connect your Xbox controller to. Then sign up for the free month trial and play one of the free games. If you like it and want to get the hardware to play on your tv (controller and chrome cast ultra) you can then buy it (there will be loads on eBay) or they currently have a deal where you get one free with a purchase of cyberpunk 2077.

Just to say as well you don’t need to pay the monthly fee. This fee is to play in 4K with 5.1 sound and you get free games (usually about 6 per month). You can just buy the games you want and play in hd without the monthly fee.

let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll try and answer. I’ve had it since it came out last year

What's the latency like now? I know it wasn't great to begin with.

What's the latency like now? I know it wasn't great to begin with.
I haven’t had any problems whatsoever to be honest. I’m on 1gb fibre broadband though and I’m a canny casual gamer so it may be that I’m just not noticing it. No issues with games like tomb raider though where the timing of hitting the right button is a requirement

From what I hear, it still hasn't improved since last year. The Nvidia one is supposed to be slightly better.

From what I hear, it still hasn't improved since last year. The Nvidia one is supposed to be slightly better.
Got about 6 minutes into that and he was still talking about the omnishambles that was the original launch. It was horrendous to be fair.

Things seem to be better now with regular communication about new games and features, they’ve rolled out most of the original features they said they would (waiting on iOS support but apparently coming imminently), but the main problem with it is still a lack of AAA games.

I've had it since launch. The initial issues are largely gone. The best way to play is via a Chromecast Ultra connected via ethernet. It's a great platform for me and only going to get better. It seems like a lot of the media are dead set against it which is a shame.

Right not for example, you could pay for a new console / PC and also pay for Cyberpunk 2077, or just pay £50 for the game via Stadia.
Got about 6 minutes into that and he was still talking about the omnishambles that was the original launch. It was horrendous to be fair.

Things seem to be better now with regular communication about new games and features, they’ve rolled out most of the original features they said they would (waiting on iOS support but apparently coming imminently), but the main problem with it is still a lack of AAA games.

Lack of iOS support is due to Apple, not Google.

Last edited:
Buzzing. I thought it was really good, it just never took off and never got the games. I haven't used it for more than 3 years now but sounds like I'll be getting a refund of over £300.

Back