Stabbing in Sydney

I bow to your well thought out argument.

so you honestly believe that if the same incident occurred on a London street that there'd be 'some wanting them investigated for assault, false imprisonment or something similar' ?? who exactly? and what evidence do you have of similar situations to back up your claim?

so you honestly believe that if the same incident occurred on a London street that there'd be 'some wanting them investigated for assault, false imprisonment or something similar' ?? who exactly? and what evidence do you have of similar situations to back up your claim?

Let me set out my stance on this, the bloke got what was coming his way, I have no issue with his treatment. However, some will see the bloke with a crate on his head with people sitting/kneeling on chairs on him and say that was going too far and was not reasonable. He was at that point unarmed, judging by the pictures of the knife away from him. Again I don't see his restraint as unreasonable.

My comment is a view on the skewed rights of those who commit any type of crime, it appears above those of the victims or their families. Didn't one of Lee Rigby's killers have the support of a judge for a compensation claim for Psychiatric Injury against prison officers after they restrained him - not exactly the same, but similar?. The fact it was dropped perhaps shows a lack of credence, but it did have some judicial support. These people are the "some" I was referencing.

You also may be able to remember the details of a more recently reported case in court where an impact statement was redacted to save upsetting the defendant. I don't understand or agree with this decision as the defendants actions certainly had an impact on the family.

Last edited:
Let me set out my stance on this, the bloke got what was coming his way, I have no issue with his treatment. However, some will see the bloke with a crate on his head with people sitting/kneeling on chairs on him and say that was going too far and was not reasonable. He was at that point unarmed, judging by the pictures of the knife away from him. Again I don't see his restraint as unreasonable.

My comment is a view on the skewed rights of those who commit any type of crime, it appears above those of the victims or their families. Didn't one of Lee Rigby's killers have the support of a judge for a compensation claim for Psychiatric Injury against prison officers after they restrained him - not exactly the same, but similar?. The fact it was dropped perhaps shows a lack of credence, but it did have some judicial support. These people are the "some" I was referencing.

You also may be able to remember the details of a more recently reported case in court where an impact statement was redacted to save upsetting the defendant. I don't understand or agree with this decision as the defendants actions certainly had an impact on the family.

we have judicial support for prisoners as we are a progressive, first world country. if you were in jail for fraud or traffic offences for example, and you felt you were mistreated in jail, would you not feel that you deserved access to support? we can't pick and chose who we apply our laws to. however, that is a different issue from what you are on about here. them lads used exactly the right amount of force to detain him. on another video i saw they were even defending him from another bloke who was trying boot the kid on the floor in the face.

i don't think there will be a single sane person on the planet that thinks their restraint was unreasonable

Some brave lads chasing and tackling a knifeman with a chair and that - and then in one bit you see twice as many people running along behind them holding up...their phones.😡

Bollocks would they. There's enough grief in this country without making hyperbolic and hypothetical shit up.

Great point this, and incredibly sad that this is what life has come to - people would rather video a terrorist for their instagram rather than stop him or help the wounded.

Great point this, and incredibly sad that this is what life has come to - people would rather video a terrorist for their instagram rather than stop him or help the wounded.

agreed, however if there isn't anything you can do that is helpful, then videoing the incident from a safe distance could be seen as helpful to the police afterwards. i wouldn't be filming injured people or car crashes like

agreed, however if there isn't anything you can do that is helpful, then videoing the incident from a safe distance could be seen as helpful to the police afterwards. i wouldn't be filming injured people or car crashes like

One or two people filming and I think that can definitely be justified.
Just seems most things now are just for people to put on the internet for “likes”.

One or two people filming and I think that can definitely be justified.
Just seems most things now are just for people to put on the internet for “likes”.

if there was a terrorist attack or something like today, the last thing i'd want to be is distracted by my phone. i'd like to think i'd try and help, if not i'd be pegging it in the opposite direction shouting like fuck telling others to do likewise

them lads used exactly the right amount of force to detain him.

i don't think there will be a single sane person on the planet that thinks their restraint was unreasonable

To you and to me, yes. But there will be those who disagree and there will be those who will think they should have allowed the kicking to happen. Some decisions and actions make me wonder sometimes about peoples sanity too.

Last edited:

Back