St Petersburg

GingerNick

Striker
when the world cup is over it looks an interesting place to visit for a long weekend

anybody been and did they enjoy it?

hotels seem cheap even for nice ones..flight and hotel deals from BA seem really good value for 3 nights

when the world cup is over it looks an interesting place to visit for a long weekend

hotels seem cheap even for nice ones..flight and hotel deals from BA seem really good value for 3 nights

Visa costs will add a fair whack unless they keep it relaxed after the WC.

Looked into it a couple of years ago and you had to apply in person at the embassy or consulate as well as paying a decent amount.

Been there lots with work. Beautiful place. Much prefer it to anywhere else in Russia. When we are there we have security though. I would never go to Russia as a tourist!

Looked into it a couple of years ago and you had to apply in person at the embassy or consulate as well as paying a decent amount.
There's various agencies will process the visa request for you, no need to visit the embassy. A single entry tourist visa including all processing fees, letter of introduction etc should be around £122.

St Petes is a lovely place to visit, but as it's so far North, best in late spring till autumn. This time of year you have the "white nights" where it doesn't really get dark which can be a pain if you're trying to sleep off a hangover

Went by train from Moscow in 2012. There's two contrasting cities !
St Peterborough is a modern tourist destination. Loads of history, friendly and quite European. In fact it could have been any European capital.
Downside is the f on getting a visa and the 1000's of Chinese everywhere.

Well worth a visit.

Mates just been, few days before the World Cup started . Only negative was the huge fuck in getting through security. Some pleaces very barren . But couple of pics he sent me looked good, new stadium looked tremendous

I would have thought you need one to cross the border regardless of duration, but I don't know what happens when the baltic cruise ships come in as they're just there for a day or so.

You don't need one if on cruise ship but think you have to go off as a "tour" rather than independently, could be wrong mind

Think we paid about 90quid a pop - canny place like

Worked there for a couple of months loved the place, so much to see.
Quite expensive when I worked there, sometimes paying £8 for a beer, it’s about 3 years ago now.

We stayed on Nevski it’s the Main Street running through St Petes with easy access to underground and walking distance to most places.

I think they changed the visa carryon and each person now has to physically go to the embassy to apply, no agencies now which we used.

Traffic is mental during the day but the underground is a must, be careful like most cities people like to dip in your pockets.

Back