SS-GB on Sunday bbc1 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought dominion was great but really struggled with winter in Madrid and found it hard work.

Vice versa for me Dominion was shoite but Winter in Madrid was great prob because the events in Dominion didn't happen but a lot of the events in the Winter could have.

Me too. On iPlayer. I liked episode 1. Lots of truths unknown to the current generation. Episode 2 tonight for me. Episode 3 tomorrow.
it's an excellent show. I think it's been on either discovery history or the yesterday channel.

one or two aspects of modern day politics can be seen in this show.

I must have missed that. However it is on iPlayer now. In the History category.
it's quality mind but I am hooked on second world war documetaries. currently got Hitler's gold on discovery history on

BBC had an excellent documentary re world war one, which the world at war classic series, was done in a similar style

Bit disappointed with first episode - definitely a slow burner - but prepared to give it time.

Sound quality poor.

Also, I believe most historians have said Operation Sea Lion would not have succeeded even if the Luftwaffe had won the Battle of Britain?
Britain was never the goal. We could have stayed out of both wars.
Also I think if you wiki 'war games' or something to that effects, German and British generals got together after the war and acted out what would have happened upon the German invasion and they would have got just north of London and been stopped.

I read that some have sound problems. I have my telly set for "cinema" and everything is as clear as day. In fact I turned this show down a bit

or

wash your lugs out

I read that some have sound problems. I have my telly set for "cinema" and everything is as clear as day. In fact I turned this show down a bit

or

wash your lugs out
We watched it over Cumbria staying with my Sister in Law as she sadly lost her hubby last month :cry:
Not sure on set up there but even turning sound bar up we struggled to hear the because of what seemed to be whispering?
Before watching had a canny home made pie and chips at Kings Arms in Stainton anarl after my shower when I think I gave my lugs a seeing to;)

We watched it over Cumbria staying with my Sister in Law as she sadly lost her hubby last month :cry:
Not sure on set up there but even turning sound bar up we struggled to hear the because of what seemed to be whispering?
Before watching had a canny home made pie and chips at Kings Arms in Stainton anarl after my shower when I think I gave my lugs a seeing to;)
Pardon? :)

I quite enjoyed it. I think it was building up to something to be fair, this episode was setting up a lot of things.

I don't think people mumbled in it though. Did anyone else see those complaints?

No sound issues here either.

It's just getting warmed up - I like the premise and I'm looking forwards to the next episode. Very canny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back