SS-GB on Sunday bbc1 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is pig ignorant, think skinned and lacking in judgement, knowledge and experience but I don't think you should worry to much about him.

I worry about the pig ignorant, thick skinned, lacking in judgment, knowledge and experience redneck independent militia white supremacists who attend his rallies to worship at the feet of their new idol and touch the hem of his garment anarl.

Like I say ; I'm a sensitive soul.

The book is a classic British spy/crime novel, with a posh University Educated Inspector (Archer), and a working class police Sgt hunting for a murderer through London

The twist is that Britain has lost the war and is under Nazi occupation, so Archer and his officers have to negotiate rivalries between the Brits, the Germans, the Wermacht and the Gestapo.

I don't know what the TV version will be the novel is a classic. Easily as good as Funeral in Berlin

Seems like a similar premise to 'Fatherland' which I read about 20 years ago and don't recall details but seem to remember was a decent book. IIRC they did a TV fillum with Rutger Hauer but I don't think I saw that.

Seems like a similar premise to 'Fatherland' which I read about 20 years ago and don't recall details but seem to remember was a decent book. IIRC they did a TV fillum with Rutger Hauer but I don't think I saw that.

Book and film of Fatherland were good but SS-GB predates it, written about 30 years or more ago iirc

Book and film of Fatherland were good but SS-GB predates it, written about 30 years or more ago iirc

Ah reeto. Is Deighton still alive and writing? Just did a frijj and see he's 88. I read a history of fighters in WW2 that he did and I think had planned to do more (bombers? Fleet air? Etc) but he might be happy to put his feet up now.

Ah reeto. Is Deighton still alive and writing? Just did a frijj and see he's 88. I read a history of fighters in WW2 that he did and I think had planned to do more (bombers? Fleet air? Etc) but he might be happy to put his feet up now.

He's hardly written anything in 20 years from what I can gather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back