Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Striker
On TEN Sports for anyone with a dodgybox ;)

Shaping up into a fantastic Test Match. Expect Sri Lanka to win it ultimately, as it seems Zimbabwe are having a third innings collapse - but an enthralling Test Match all the same :cool:

Sri Lanka are heading towards West Indies levels of poor, already lost the one day series and probably going to win this very unconvincingly.

Excellent middle order fightback from Zimbabwe - Sikandar Raza has been a joy to watch.

Since slipping to 23-4 at lunch, Zimbabwe have put on 229-2 in two sessions.

No doubt SL are a shadow of what they were but they did stuff the Aussies last year. May yet still win it of course but good to see Zimbabwe competing in Test cricket. Can only be good for the game (even though we won't play them)

No doubt SL are a shadow of what they were but they did stuff the Aussies last year. May yet still win it of course but good to see Zimbabwe competing in Test cricket. Can only be good for the game (even though we won't play them)

I won a decent bit of money on SL in that series :cool:.

As for the Zimbabwe situation, I sort of know, but is there any literature out there on the political issues with why they were in the wilderness? And subsequently why we won't play them?

Back to this game, 252-6, lead of 262, pitch seems to be very placid when the shine is off the ball - but if Zimbabwe get another 50, you'd have to put them as favourites.

I won a decent bit of money on SL in that series :cool:.

As for the Zimbabwe situation, I sort of know, but is there any literature out there on the political issues with why they were in the wilderness? And subsequently why we won't play them?

Back to this game, 252-6, lead of 262, pitch seems to be very placid when the shine is off the ball - but if Zimbabwe get another 50, you'd have to put them as favourites.
I've as much idea as you mate. Obviously know the bare bones of it but not much detail beyond that. It hasn't really come up since the 2003 World Cup as far as I can recall. I've read a few players' autobiographies which touch on it but not in great detail as they were pretty much in the dark and just went on the advice of the authorities.

You don't hear much about the political situation over there at all these days either, seems the media have moved on to other troubled states.

Indeed. Closed on 170-3, with 217 needed. Just edging infront in the betting, slight favourites, sets up a fantastic final day. Almost been the perfect Test - which is more than can be said for that shite at Trent Bridge.
Was just going to post the same thing. Proper Test cricket, something certain members of the England set up seem to have forgotten about (if they even knew about it in the first place)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back