Sri Lanka v England (2nd test) 22nd/26th Jan

The only thing I'd say is I reckon they've decided these things together, Root, Morgan, the player, Smith etc. They will say they are doing this to try and win the World Cup this year, and if they do, will say I told you so. I dont quite agree with them like.

T20 really is a momentum game like, being in form on the IPL months earlier or whatever has no relevance to performing in the tournament IMO, these lads are superstars already. I think its a mistake for sure

The big point for me, is 2 IPLs in 6 months, thats just too far.

I think it’s difficult balancing everything with Buttler playing all formats, but India series is a big series, would we even consider resting anybody in the Ashes, I think not don’t think India should be any different.

the t20 word complicates for it sure but still the IPL is long, he doesn’t need to play of all of it

especially when there’s 2 in 6 months

I think he will regret this personally in the future

thing about the other 2, Stokes father had just died sadly, so he needed a break, and I wouldn’t have picked Archer in the XI either

I just think there are other times we could have rested players

even for the 2nd test we are without Buttler, Wood, Bairstow, all who are in my XI

hard to justify that, just think it’s a shame as without first choice XI I think we have half a chance

I’m faith in Foakes actually like I just think Buttler step up!

If the rails come off later in the India series I suspect fans won’t be happy
Put the IPL to one side , Buttler played all last summer, in the bubble , went to SA, went to SL, all in the bubble, he’s playing the first Test in India. He could easy burnout if we’re not careful. It might not even be his decision.

I’d have liked him to play the first two in India, personally that’s what I’d have done but I don’t see it’s that big a deal. It’s a valuable chance for us to see some fringe players imo and hopefully increase our strength in depth which is what it’s all about in improving our chances in the Ashes. Foakes deserves a chance. I credit Smith and the selectors for trying to manage the situation and make us competitive on as many fronts as possible, can’t be easy especially in these times.

I don’t think Buttler will regret it, it tells me how important they think he is.

I think we’ve a good chance in India. It will be tough no doubt, but what Rahane did means there’s a focus now on Kohli imo which might not be that helpful to them. Jadeja will be a huge miss for them if he’s out. As you keep saying we’re a very good side & the signs are we’re improving. With Stokes back and a few others stepping up Im expecting it to be a lot closer than some might think.
I think it’s difficult balancing everything with Buttler playing all formats, but India series is a big series, would we even consider resting anybody in the Ashes, I think not don’t think India should be any different.
It is different though, that’s just the way it is. Its the only series you start planning for the next one as soon as the last one is finished. It is the priority imo and rightly so.
Yeah, it was that bad. Embuldeneya obviously didn't get the memo.
They have form for it like, unfortunately. Some of it looked dubious to me, but then at times it didn’t so hopefully it was just a case of them being a poor side playing poorly. The betting was interesting though at times.

Last edited:
I don't think it will, think everyone thinks Foakes is a decent cricketer like, just Buttler is a level above. Dont think he will fail, expect him to be solid

No credit to England as usual!

I gave credit in the previous post. I give balanced comment unlike you, ya clapping seal.

Mike Atherton said their batting performance in the first test was some of the worst he's ever seen. Why not send him an email?

"Dear Mike,

FFS, no credit to England, shit crack you.

signed,

Johnson aka The Rat aka....etc"​

Bess and Leach bowled consistently and hit their line and length well, with assistance from a patch of rough. Despite that, the way SL went out to boss the bowling on a tricky wicket was poor. We'd have been furious if England had lost a game from there.

Chandimal: "We did all the hard work for three days but as a batting unit we made the same mistakes we made on day one of the first Test. There are no excuses - we have to be patient and learn how to bat like Root."

I gave credit in the previous post. I give balanced comment unlike you, ya clapping seal.

Mike Atherton said their batting performance in the first test was some of the worst he's ever seen. Why not send him an email?

"Dear Mike,

FFS, no credit to England, shit crack you.

signed,

Johnson aka The Rat aka....etc"​

Bess and Leach bowled consistently and hit their line and length well, with assistance from a patch of rough. Despite that, the way SL went out to boss the bowling on a tricky wicket was poor. We'd have been furious if England had lost a game from there.

Chandimal: "We did all the hard work for three days but as a batting unit we made the same mistakes we made on day one of the first Test. There are no excuses - we have to be patient and learn how to bat like Root."

Why do you always have an attitude problem?

Touching on them last two comments ,it’s clear England deserve massive credit and to win 2 0 in them conditions ,with lack of prep was superb.

However it is still fair and balanced to say that Sri Lanka batting was terrible in the first innings of the first test and the third innings of the second test.

That’s not taking away anything away at all from England ,that’s just factual that the shot selection of the Sri Lankan batsman in them two innings was canny bad like

@chunkylover53

i was banned for 6 weeks for “breaking the rules”. I posted a cricket score pre match on a safc match day thread and questioned the use of a paedophile username.

that brought a 6 week ban.

just to keep you all informed and to be wary .

anyway are we all now fans of Dom Bess?

Back