Sri Lanka v England (2nd test) 22nd/26th Jan

So, how many overs do we think England will have to survive/win.....going for 90, as think Sri Lanka will want the full day, ideally want Leach/Anderson to take another 12 overs out the game (bat 10, 2 for changeover) and bowl sri lanka out cheaply...

So, how many overs do we think England will have to survive/win.....going for 90, as think Sri Lanka will want the full day, ideally want Leach/Anderson to take another 12 overs out the game (bat 10, 2 for changeover) and bowl sri lanka out cheaply...

I think Leach needs to be cleaning his glasses a lot. Very tropical and steamy weather in Sri Lanka. Jimmy needs to walk out and forget to take his bat. Also not tie his bootlaces too tight.

I'd be surprised if they last more than three or four overs though tbh.

I think Leach needs to be cleaning his glasses a lot. Very tropical and steamy weather in Sri Lanka. Jimmy needs to walk out and forget to take his bat. Also not tie his bootlaces too tight.

I'd be surprised if they last more than three or four overs though tbh.
Agreed. We will trail by 35 probably. I’d be surprised if they declare overnight tho, unless they go really quick

Agreed. We will trail by 35 probably. I’d be surprised if they declare overnight tho, unless they go really quick

Could be an uncomfortable half hour or so for Crawley and Sibley if they declare tomorrow.

I know it's not easy for us batting last but lots of pressure on Sri Lanka anarl cos they have to make decisions to win the game. Hope we don't bowl Curran much mind.

Could be an uncomfortable half hour or so for Crawley and Sibley if they declare tomorrow.

I know it's not easy for us batting last but lots of pressure on Sri Lanka anarl cos they have to make decisions to win the game. Hope we don't bowl Curran much mind.
The challenge we have is that our spinners will leak runs. Way too reliant on Anderson to be tight

Of course, they could collapse. They’re not a great batting unit. Borderline worrying as these views are

3 50s is only useful? On pitches like these?

But a 100 isn't :lol:
Borderline worrying would you say?

Haha aye pretty much ;)

he seems to spout opinions based on absolutely zero fact mind.
Bairstow, Lawrence and Buttler have made useful contributions but otherwise I agree. That doesn’t make Jennings a suitable test player though. Foakes was our best batsman on the last Sri Lanka tour....

None near a 140

He is a suitable test batsman in Asia, you keep saying that line, but its not true, and you've almost proved that yourself!!

Whether Jennings can score runs at Lords has no relevance to whether he is good enough to bat in test matches in Asia, he clearly is! Not sure why thats so controversial
Anyway I am being a dick to @chunkylover53 here, I apologise. My bad.

Last edited:
But a 100 isn't :lol:

Haha aye pretty much ;)

he seems to spout opinions based on absolutely zero fact mind.

None near a 140

He is a suitable test batsman in Asia, you keep saying that line, but its not true, and you've almost proved that yourself!!

Whether Jennings can score runs at Lords has no relevance to whether he is good enough to bat in test matches in Asia, he clearly is! Not sure why thats so controversial
Anyway I am being a dick to @chunkylover53 here, I apologise. My bad.
Thanks. I’d prefer an apology for the “borderline worrying” comment. But appreciate anyway

The challenge we have is that our spinners will leak runs. Way too reliant on Anderson to be tight

Of course, they could collapse. They’re not a great batting unit. Borderline worrying as these views are

If Root can bat for 8 hours for the cause, there's no reason why Anderson can't bowl for six.

I think Broad's run rate in the 2nd innings of the first test was summat mental like 0.8 runs an over. Amazing that it's either or with them two like.

Am I the only one who thinks Curran hasn't done much for a while? Batting gone off a cliff too
Great start by Leach, unlucky not to get 2 in first over

Last edited:
Get in Bess!

You can see how anxious Sri Lanka are, trying to score a lot more
What a f***ing catch, mee heart was in me mouth. Exactly who you wanted under it.

Last edited:
Brainless from Chandimal that. I'd be furious if I was a Sri Lankan fan watching those last 2 shots.

Incredible catch from Jimmy.

It looks awful, but to be fair they are just trying to get a score

We saw with Pant in Oz, if it comes off it looks great

Got to be good enough to do it

what a catch that was man

Back