Sri Lanka tests cancelled

Sri Lankan airlines have said there’ll be no flights back to the UK from the 18th ‘until further notice’. Still two weeks away before I’m due to fly home but a wife of a mate here is getting a bit panicky. Realistically what are the options? Do the UK Government have a duty of care to repatriate citizens if they can’t get home?

Sri Lankan airlines have said there’ll be no flights back to the UK from the 18th ‘until further notice’. Still two weeks away before I’m due to fly home but a wife of a mate here is getting a bit panicky. Realistically what are the options? Do the UK Government have a duty of care to repatriate citizens if they can’t get home?
Govt is going to be very busy.

Best bet is to speak to the consulate or embassy. They should advise you and it will be letting them know you're there and in need of assistance.

But yea, planes are stopping flying all over.

Govt is going to be very busy.

Best bet is to speak to the consulate or embassy. They should advise you and it will be letting them know you're there and in need of assistance.

But yea, planes are stopping flying all over.
Aye, I’ve DM’d the embassy on Twitter and fairplay they got straight back to me. Reckon they’ve going to phone me tomorrow as it’s a bank holiday here today. We’ll see

Rearranged for January 2021. Both tests in Galle. The poor spectator facilities won't be an issue cos neebody will be there.

Back