Sri Lanka in South Africa

:lol: Don't take it personally like marra, was half joking, to be fair I was on about your attitude to one day team, but I reckon you just ain't a fan of that in general
Wouldn't say I'm not a fan. Just don't like the way the focus on it has affected the Test side in the last four years, all for a competition where one bad game can leave us with nothing.

Tbf it has brought a bit of context to the one day series over the last few years but I do think a lot of that will be lost once the world cup is over. Like international friendlies the autumn after a world cup or Euros except there'll be more of them

Last edited:
Wouldn't say I'm not a fan. Just don't like the way the focus on it has affected the Test side in the last four years, all for a competition where one bad game can leave us with nothing.

Tbf it has brought a bit of context to the one day series over the last few years but I do think a lot of that will be lost once the world cup is over. Like international friendlies the autumn after a world cup or Euros except there'll be more of them

I am not sure mate, England are so entertaining they sell out home games easy.

Been through this before but its not just for the world cup, people pay a lot of money to see England home and away in the ODIs, as I say, they sell out all at home, cricket isn'tall about context, if people are getting a good product they will go back.

The negative press about our test team is way off the mark IMO. We will go into the Ashes having won 9 of our previous 12 test matches (if we beat Ireland!). Things are pretty good, every test team has their problems and batting in the top 3 in world cricket is hugely difficult for everyone not just us. We are a good side.

Last edited:
The negative press about our test team is way off the mark IMO. We will go into the Ashes having won 9 of our previous 12 test matches (if we beat Ireland!). Things are pretty good, every test team has their problems and batting in the top 3 in world cricket is hugely difficult for everyone not just us. We are a good side.

well said, couldn't agree more.

What a win :cool:

We lose one ODI and this place goes into meltdown. Imagine what would happen if we lost a home series to Sri Lanka.

Class, watched some it yesterday. Saffers have decent bowling but dodgy batting.

What a win :cool:

We lose one ODI and this place goes into meltdown. Imagine what would happen if we lost a home series to Sri Lanka.
Indeed. People would be up in arms. Certainly me included. "No one else would lose to these at home" and all that. Nice to see it happen to someone else for a change

Back