Sri Lanka in South Africa

I have not heard one word from any of the pundits who tried to belittle England's win in Sri Lanka

I usually quite like Butcher, but he was particularly adamant this was one of the worst test sides in world cricket history.

Strange game, wickets tumbling with a ball that isn't doing much at all.

Haway the Lankans.

I will try and find this article about the averages of nation's top 6 around the world over the last 18 months, reading it yesterday, we seem to think England are the only one who find themselves 30-3 but it had the average of all the top 6 and a lot were pretty similar, more lively pitches, and some good attacks

Anyway, made me think we should lower our expectations, some in media think our opener needs to come in and score 100s and average over 40 straight away, someone like Stoneman got 5 or 6 50s, then Vince was averaing 31 at 3

Not great like, but maybe we should pick who we think will do OK rather than trying to find someone who will become a world star, as lots of good players are struggling right now

Last edited:
SA look poor especially the batting. If Gibson is the new coach he'll fit in well here :lol:

Despite being "the most negative poster on here" I think SL are a good side as they're showing here and our win over there was outstanding especially when you consider what happened before and since away from home

Last edited:
SA look poor especially the batting. If Gibson is the new coach he'll fit in well here :lol:

Despite being "the most negative poster on here" I think SL are a good side as they're showing here and our win over there was outstanding especially when you consider what happened before and since away from home

:lol: Don't take it personally like marra, was half joking, to be fair I was on about your attitude to one day team, but I reckon you just ain't a fan of that in general

I agree with Sri Lanka, they were poor against us no doubt, Herath retired and their captain got injured

But as you say, people saying they are worse than useless seemed to ignore all the evidence to that. They hammered South Africa and Australia at home, and won away in Pakistan, drew in bangladesh, they drew in West Indies before England went didn't they?

I mean thats almost a better record than England

I just don;t get why the media was so hell bent on this view, surely cricket writers know these results?

Doesn't surprise me they're close to winning two Tests chasing either. Twice against us they came close in a fourth innings chase. If they could just iron out the first innings collapse...

Last edited:

Back