Squid Game on Netflix

took a while to get going, thought it got class round about episode 5,6 and 7, but tapered off a bit disappointing towards the end.

Spoiler Alert:

the main lad actually tricked the old feller in the marbles game and thought he has sent him to his death, but the old feller still wanted him to win it.

also, what would they have done if like 20 or 30 people had got to the last game?

i didn't understand why the main lad was so f***ing miserable afterwards and didn't touch the money, just cos he felt guilty? not real for me that like

and i didn't understand the whole scene with the old feller in bed dying and the coppers coming to save that homeless bloke.

took a while to get going, thought it got class round about episode 5,6 and 7, but tapered off a bit disappointing towards the end.

Spoiler Alert:

the main lad actually tricked the old feller in the marbles game and thought he has sent him to his death, but the old feller still wanted him to win it.

also, what would they have done if like 20 or 30 people had got to the last game?

i didn't understand why the main lad was so f***ing miserable afterwards and didn't touch the money, just cos he felt guilty? not real for me that like

and i didn't understand the whole scene with the old feller in bed dying and the coppers coming to save that homeless bloke.

I reckon anybody living through would be so mentally deranged the Money would hecc be an after thought. You’d be scarred for life man after living through that madness.
I thought the last scene with the old man BBC was great. Imo it was just another bet and a sign that he loved the challenge of that until the end. Don’t think there was anything underlying with it.
I loved it as a show

Spoiler Alert:

My guess is that'll be something to follow up on later on and he's not really dead or even ill.

Binge watched this last night after being recommended it by my 16 year old. Its like a mish-mash of *The Prisoner, Battle Royale and Fight Club but brilliantly done.

If you didn't get feels in episode 6 you aren't human.

*Hence I knew number 1 would be suspect

Enjoyed it until the awful English speaking 'actors' arrived.
and i didn't understand the whole scene with the old feller in bed dying and the coppers coming to save that homeless bloke
I'm guessing it's some sort of transmigration of the soul thing.
Aye. I agree with the last episode not being very good like.
It was utter shite a soon as the VIP people turned up. The cop brother twist was blatantly obviously too.

Last edited:
Because a. he felt revulsion at how it was won, b. the reason he went into the game to win the money no longer existed after his mam died. You got any empathy?

Spoiler Alert:

Shortage of hookers and blow in South Korea, maybe.

I found this to be one of the most bizarre programmes.
I wouldn't say I enjoyed it, or that I liked it or could even recommend it. But there was something about it that kept me watching it. Every episode, I felt an urge to just go straight onto the next one. Yet when it was all over, I had no excitement for a second series, and didnt feel I'd watched a fantastic programme. But it kept me hooked from 5 minutes in.

Spoiler Alert:

I thought it was just to show a glimmer of hope in humanity to counter the cynicism of the old man. Main character was more optimistic and when the fella was rescued it suggested he might be right.

I think it's fairly obvious why the fella was depressed after his return mind. :lol:

Last edited:
I thought it was just to show a glimmer of hope in humanity to counter the cynicism of the old man. Main character was more optimistic and when the fella was rescued it suggested he might be right.

I think it's fairly obvious why the fella was depressed after his return mind. :lol:
I’m curious as to how the lad not spending the money made it not real for him like. As if up until then the series was very realistic.

CBA with subtitles so I’ll have to do with this horrific dubbing. Not my kind of thing but I’m half an hour in and haven’t turned it off yet
I have just watched the first 6 episodes today with the dubbing and the subtitles, kind of annoying as for some reason the subtitles were saying completely different things to the dubbing. Really enjoyed it so far and my disabled daughter thinks it’s hilarious when everyone gets shot and falls over 😂. She has a weird sense of humour.

Last edited:

Back