Squid Game on Netflix

Haven't watched it yet but defo one for the weekend.

Caught the kids watching some bastardised YouTube or tiktok clip yesterday. Think the bright colours attracted them daft as it sounds

Was on telly about schools issuing warnings so maybe it's playground chatter that intrigued them

Thought it was a good series but didn’t think final episode was that good. Peaked at the marbles episode which was fantastic tv.

the cop side plot didn’t really finish that strongly and felt that they could have cut half of that last episode and put it on the half an hour one beforehand. Overall good series though

Thought it was a good series but didn’t think final episode was that good. Peaked at the marbles episode which was fantastic tv.

the cop side plot didn’t really finish that strongly and felt that they could have cut half of that last episode and put it on the half an hour one beforehand. Overall good series though
I didn’t mind the finale to be honest. I get what you mean about the cop plot though, I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s still alive if they do a second series.

My question is, are there actually any Squids in the f***ing thing ?
I don't have Netflix so haven't watched, I did see a clip on Gogglebox where they played "red light, green light" which was a tad unsettling tbh.

Aye. I agree with the last episode not being very good like.

You have to worry about some parents letting bairns watch stuff like this
Me daughter who's nine wanted to watch it. I'd only seen a clip at that point but it was a flat no. I've let her watch Stranger Things which is also a 15.

But, apparently, her friends have been allowed to watch it.
I don't get how this is 15 mind. What is missing from it that would have made it an 18 - just more graphic sex?

Last edited:
Me daughter who's nine wanted to watch it. I'd only seen a clip at that point but it was a flat no. I've let her watch Stranger Things which is also a 15.

But, apparently, her friends have been allowed to watch it.
I don't get how this is 15 mind. What is missing from it that would have made it an 18 - just more graphic sex?
Nearly any kind of nudity gets an instant 18 but you can machine gun down people and have blood splurting everywhere and get a 15. Its mental. The autopsy scene enough would get me rating it an 18.

Think the bright colours attracted them daft as it sounds
One of my kids was harping on about there being Squid Game skins on a kids online game. It's all very marketable in the sense of the colours and the costumes, but is it necessary to put it in a kids game? Nah.

The other thing is, it really isn't anything to shout about. It's ok, but not a TV classic.

Finished it last night, absolutely loved it. A cross between Battle Royale and Takeshi's Castle - great story and a decent ending.

One of my kids was harping on about there being Squid Game skins on a kids online game. It's all very marketable in the sense of the colours and the costumes, but is it necessary to put it in a kids game? Nah.

The other thing is, it really isn't anything to shout about. It's ok, but not a TV classic.
Ah. Might watch an episode tonight. The kids were on YouTube watching some clips people have bodged. Worrying when you're 8 old says can we watch it but don't tell mam.

Was speaking to someone yesterday who was on about it as their child had said they'd seen some of it and she was horrified when she found our it was murder and sex. And she was a social worker

Ah. Might watch an episode tonight. The kids were on YouTube watching some clips people have bodged. Worrying when you're 8 old says can we watch it but don't tell mam.

Was speaking to someone yesterday who was on about it as their child had said they'd seen some of it and she was horrified when she found our it was murder and sex. And she was a social worker
Let the bairns watch it.It’s f***ing shite and very 1990’s channel 4

My Mrs dealt with the game incident, think it was Roblox which is mainly aimed at primary school age. Not a great deal that can be done if it's just costumes and that on a screen.

They'd been saying they'd been playing squid game in the yard too. No different to bulldog or statues I'd imagine at that age.🤷‍♂️

If you haven't watched any of it then not much spoilers but I can't see any of it being transferable to a playground setting. I'd also imagine primary age kids being bored after the opening 5 minutes if anyone would be irresponsible enough to let them watch.

Back