Spurs £175mil Covid loan

Well Spurs are not owned by Joe Lewis alone, Daniel Levy owns about 30% and 15% of the club is still owned by our fans, Spurs are a UK club and pay income tax, £26m was paid out in tax for the last set of accounts if I remember correctly and that is without a much bigger contribution of tax that will have been paid out to the tax man by our players, so don’t worry the UK economy does very well from Spurs contributions to the tax man, taking into account that Spurs post large profits nearly every year.
There’s doing what’s legally allowed and then there’s doing what morally corrupt. The pot of money the owners drew from isn’t an infinite amount. There’s only so much to go around. Should have graciously declined so that others cloud keep their necks above water.

There’s doing what’s legally allowed and then there’s doing what morally corrupt. The pot of money the owners drew from isn’t an infinite amount. There’s only so much to go around. Should have graciously declined so that others cloud keep their necks above water.

Yet another “financial expert” giving us his enhanced wisdom on a subject that he actually knows Jack shit about in reality, just as many others have before on this thread, I would suggest that you and any others on here that have idiotically been digging Spurs out over this BOE Covid loan read the link below.

Basically it isn’t denying any small businesses or individuals from gaining financial help during the current crisis, this particular BOE Covid loan is solely for what it describes as large companies that have big annual revenues that also employ large amounts of staff, Tottenham Hotspur are small fry in comparison to many of the companies that have taken up this loan offer, M & S for example have a £10.2bn annual revenue, I guess all of those companies are fine though and won’t rile you lot up simply because they are not Tottenham Hotspur.

Department stores, a bakery and a football club claim BoE Covid cash

Last edited:
Yet another “financial expert” giving us his enhanced wisdom on a subject that he actually knows Jack shit about in reality, just as many others have before on this thread, I would suggest that you and any others on here that have idiotically been digging Spurs out over this BOE Covid loan read the link below.

Basically it isn’t denying any small businesses or individuals from gaining financial help during the current crisis, this particular BOE Covid loan is solely for what it describes as large companies that have big annual revenues that also employ large amounts of staff, Tottenham Hotspur are small fry in comparison to many of the companies that have taken up this loan offer, M & S for example have a £10.2bn annual revenue, I guess all of those companies are fine though and won’t rile you lot up simply because they are not Tottenham Hotspur.

To be clear, I am a financial expert.

The difference is clear, M&S are not owned by a tax exile. It’s a private company. I said the same about Branson.

Its smart financial management for sure. But anyone with an ounce of financial expertise can see it is taking the piss a bit. No one is having a dig at Spurs for being Spurs - replace the name with any other in the Premier League and it would still be taking the piss. This is effectively state support for a niche millionaire making machine, has relatively little benefit benefit to society, is only being used to decrease the overall cost of capital, and really isn't in the spirit of the very quickly drafted legislation.

To be clear, I am a financial expert.

The difference is clear, M&S are not owned by a tax exile. It’s a private company. I said the same about Branson.

Firstly Joe Lewis is only a part owner of Tottenham Hotspur, Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy own ENIC between them 70/30% split, ENIC are the majority owners of Spurs with shares of around 85% the other 15% is owned mostly by Spurs fans.

You claim to be a financial expert and that may well be the case, but the fact is Tottenham Hotspur are a UK registered company and they pay huge amounts of Tax compared to the vast majority of other football clubs £26m in the last year alone, that is before any Spurs players contributions towards tax from a £180m wage bill, maybe you should do a little bit more research in future before being so damming with your opinions, just as lots of others on this thread should as well.

How much for example do Sunderland contribute to the treasury in tax returns probably about £3.50 over the last 20 years or so in comparison to Spurs.

Firstly Joe Lewis is only a part owner of Tottenham Hotspur, Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy own ENIC between them 70/30% split, ENIC are the majority owners of Spurs with shares of around 85% the other 15% is owned mostly by Spurs fans.

You claim to be a financial expert and that may well be the case, but the fact is Tottenham Hotspur are a UK registered company and they pay huge amounts of Tax compared to the vast majority of other football clubs £26m in the last year alone, that is before any Spurs players contributions towards tax from a £180m wage bill, maybe you should do a little bit more research in future before being so damming with your opinions, just as lots of others on this thread should as well.

How much for example do Sunderland contribute to the treasury in tax returns probably about £3.50 over the last 20 years or so in comparison to Spurs.
That’s absolutely irrelevant, they’re privately owned with the majority offshore

the Sunderland comment is even more irrelevant

Spurs reported a record English football profit of £123,000 during their 1961 double season.
In 1964 as a second division club Sunderland became only the second other club in England to post a six figure profit - £107,000.
Times have certainly changed.

Back