Springwatch 2017

I blame Alan Titchmarsh and his decking obsession for the decline of the butterfly. Hardly see any butterflies these days.

When you say decking, I guess you mean the garden feature, not Titchmarsh going around punching butterflies. We get a few round here. As I posted once, the cat brought me a live one as a present 3 or 4 years ago.

I think we need a TV licence fee based on how many programmes we watch - I'm sure I'm paying for your share!
Oh bugger off! :lol: I like talking about the decent stuff I watch. I'm stuck in a shitty job these days where no one talks. It's my release! And... I'm selective about what I watch! I suppose I could go on the Plenty of Fish thread on Parsnip and talk utter garbage like some... :rolleyes::lol:

When you say decking, I guess you mean the garden feature, not Titchmarsh going around punching butterflies. We get a few round here. As I posted once, the cat brought me a live one as a present 3 or 4 years ago.
I was going to add apart from the butterflies in your cat's mouth...

I only had cat puke in 2 places to clean up when I got in. Butterflies and moths would be preferable! I'm now left with 2 'geriatric' cats the puker is the tabby with thick fur - so I've had him outside and given him a damn good brushing! Again! He loves it! :lol:

Mine pukes 2 or 3 times a week (noticeably at least). Semi-long haired so not too bad. She always "helps" by finding a spot on the carpet rather than pther more cleanable surfaces. Mostly hairballs or grass.

Mine pukes 2 or 3 times a week (noticeably at least). Semi-long haired so not too bad. She always "helps" by finding a spot on the carpet rather than pther more cleanable surfaces. Mostly hairballs or grass.
This is him. Always hair or grass involved. I woke the other morning to see him just about to puke in my face! I rather unceremoniously pushed him off the bed, but not quickly enough so he caught the duvet, the floor, the mirror and my slippers. Cats! :lol:

I watched the bat segment twice! I really like bats but don't see many where I am. My friend gets a lot and we've sat outside hers as it gets darker and watched them. Brilliant.

I watched the bat segment twice! I really like bats but don't see many where I am. My friend gets a lot and we've sat outside hers as it gets darker and watched them. Brilliant.

Don't see many here either. My main memory of bats is going down the Rio Negre at dusk (ostensibly on an alligator spotting evening) and constantly ducking the bats then wondering whether they were more likely to hit you if you moved.

Don't see many here either. My main memory of bats is going down the Rio Negre at dusk (ostensibly on an alligator spotting evening) and constantly ducking the bats then wondering whether they were more likely to hit you if you moved.
Get you! I just go to Crawcrook... :lol:

Stoats! I discovered last year while clearing out the attic a project I did when I was about 8 in a little file. Titled very grandly - Animals of the world by **** ******. Chapter one, red squirrels, chapter 2, Grey squirrels and chapter 3 - stoats! And that was it. My vision was always greater than my capabilities! Had me in hysterics. :oops::lol:

I was told about it beforehand but the wagtails being predated by the bloody jays is still disappointing... on the other hand, Iolo looking at insects at Porton Down is cool as ever...

Back