Spotify

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Very impressive file collection you've got there, can I have a look through"

Said no one.

Ever.

I am happy to be a plastic music fan and the music industry has had enough out of me to last a lifetime. Thanks for donating to artists and allowing me to pop along to the odd gig and not have to pay too much.

No probs, not only am I am proper music fan but I'm also a man of the people, and understand many are less fortunate. Enjoy mate.

Spotify is ok for when you are out and about/on the move, but in the house cd and/or vinyl is always preferable.

Vinyl in particular has made a very strong comeback in recent years and I read somewhere that vinyl sales actually eclipsed cd sales.

Analog vinyl sound quality is superb and first choice for many the discerning audiophile and head and shoulders ahead of crunched MP3 files tbh.

Another of my pet hates. People who look down on other people's equipment. Richer sounds sold me an amp and speakers about 15 years ago and when spotify is plugged into them it more than covers what I need. I can guarantee that most vinyl users will not have a decent enough turntable to make the blind bit of difference but they will pontificate as nauseum about the wonders of vinyl.

I never play a cd now. I am a total convert to spotify. I am happy to pay the premium and have a massive library of music at my fingertips.

I hammer spottily and have discovered countless amazing bands and artists because of it. When I discover something that is great I will then go and buy the cd ( used to be vinyl but cd's easier to store ). I don't even particulaly listen to it much once bought but I've always been a collector of sorts and love the ritual of opening it, reading th inlay card then putting it into a player. I know the artist gets royalties through streaming sites but I Suppose I also like to support them by buying the product. I also like to support independent shops so most of my cash will go to places such as Picadilly records, phonica, RPM etc who all do great work.

"Very impressive file collection you've got there, can I have a look through"

Said no one.

Ever.

No probs, not only am I am proper music fan but I'm also a man of the people, and understand many are less fortunate. Enjoy mate.

Vinyl party :cool:

Another of my pet hates. People who look down on other people's equipment. Richer sounds sold me an amp and speakers about 15 years ago and when spotify is plugged into them it more than covers what I need. I can guarantee that most vinyl users will not have a decent enough turntable to make the blind bit of difference but they will pontificate as nauseum about the wonders of vinyl.

http://www.musicstack.com/guide-to-collecting-vinyl-records/ten-most-expensive-turntables.html

I hammer spottily and have discovered countless amazing bands and artists because of it. When I discover something that is great I will then go and buy the cd ( used to be vinyl but cd's easier to store ). I don't even particulaly listen to it much once bought but I've always been a collector of sorts and love the ritual of opening it, reading th inlay card then putting it into a player. I know the artist gets royalties through streaming sites but I Suppose I also like to support them by buying the product. I also like to support independent shops so most of my cash will go to places such as Picadilly records, phonica, RPM etc who all do great work.

That's fine. It has never bothered me. A book is a different matter. I will never read on a kindle.

Aye but his album collection includes Courteeners , Jake Bugg and The Enemy

It's like claiming to be a proper fan of fine dining and then stating your favourite places to eat are Maccy d's KFC and Taybarns

I am just assuming he is an idiot.

A fave artist who you've basically not gave a penny to. #noshame

I would still have no idea who she was if I didn't have music streaming services as I wouldn't have been able to afford to go out and buy her entire back catalogue!

It might surprise you to hear that of us don't have disposable income to buy 5-10 CDs every week!

That's fine. It has never bothered me. A book is a different matter. I will never read on a kindle.

Got a free book download once and read it on the iPad. Never again.
I'm sure there's an element of tongue in cheek but I wholeheartedly agree with @dangermows in that a music / book collection is an impressive thing.
The slight inferiority complex I have makes me think that people will think I'm cooler than I actually am based on a decent sized collection of both.

I would still have no idea who she was if I didn't have music streaming services as I wouldn't have been able to afford to go out and buy her entire back catalogue!

It might surprise you to hear that of us don't have disposable income to buy 5-10 CDs every week!

If everyone had your attitude though she wouldn't have a back catalogue for you to find.

Why can you not go out and buy all of her work like?

Oh, I see. Well you do make a valid point. I'm spending about 200 a month on music on average :lol:

I love Spotify, it's one of the Internet's greatest inventions. Ive discovered loads of new stuff I wouldn't have had the chance to without it. Although if a group who I love release a new record, I'll go out and buy the physical copy (LP).

Looking forward to it. Like you, not a fan of KD Lang (or what I've heard of her).
Apparently her later stuff is more the kind of thing I would like, but I haven't tried it. Got 2 songs into the Apple Music "Intro to KD Lang" Playlist and switched it off because I wasn't in the mood.

That's what I think, people who want to listen random songs and not full albums

Aren't you the daft fucker who loves The Courteeners :lol:

I have CD's, lots of vinyl (mainly hip-hop but with a lot of classic LP's) and Spotify. The latter is brilliant imo, great for finding new music and there's lots of small/local bands on it as well. Vinyl has become a bit of a poseurs pursuit in the last couple of years it seems, fuckwits thinking they're class for buying overpriced music from Urban Outfitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back