Sports where mean and woman compete together with no advantage given

They shouldn't have to IMO. They're not physically competing against an individual opponent, like in boxing or tennis.

I can't see the reasoning why they have to stand at a different distance. It's not like darts are heavy.
Totally agree mate but someone thought they played against each other on a level playing field.

I just pointed out they didn't.

Tbh, I think some of it is that women haven't had the opportunity to play some of these games in order for the talent to be found in games like darts.
Because there's no reason why lasses can't compete with men, when those men used to be pissed up, fat knackers until fairly recently.

I’m sure I was told that men have a physical advantage over women in darts as the way men’s shoulders are structured differently makes throwing more accurate.

“You throw like a girl” isn’t a sexist comment but a scientificly backed observation of biology.

This makes the time my mrs (no) trounced me at darts all the more difficult to accept:oops:

For results yes but in terms of competing it’s pretty equal with women often exceeding men’s results isn’t it?

I thought this, or maybe it’s a few exceptional women I’ve heard about and the rest of the top results are men.

Ultramarathon - Wikipedia

Could be reading this wrong but can’t really be arsed to verify. It looks like blokes hold most/all the best times and distances.
Think the fact they they are competing in the same race and winning sometimes shows that there’s no real advantage. But again without looking at the whole field it’s hard to tell.

Last edited:
What about synchronised swimming, then there’s BMX, skateboarding, snowboarding ski-ing ... not the races but all those sports where you do tricks and shit so it’s skills not a contest of strength at speed. Even ice skating / dancing fits some of those.

I’m sure I was told that men have a physical advantage over women in darts as the way men’s shoulders are structured differently makes throwing more accurate.

“You throw like a girl” isn’t a sexist comment but a scientificly backed observation of biology.

This makes the time my mrs (no) trounced me at darts all the more difficult to accept:oops:

I thought this, or maybe it’s a few exceptional women I’ve heard about and the rest of the top results are men.

Think the fact they they are competing in the same race and winning sometimes shows that there’s no real advantage. But again without looking at the whole field it’s hard to tell.
I'm just taking it as the best blokes are better than the best women which suggests blokes have an advantage somewhere.

Ultra running.

Pam Reed not only competed against men but beat them all in winning the 135-mile Badwater Ultarmarathon two years in a row. Women are also beating men in long distance cyling events..the longer the race the better females do.

BMX, skateboarding, snowboarding ski-ing ... not the races but all those sports where you do tricks and shit so it’s skills not a contest of strength at speed.

blokes have science on their side in those sport... its not unfair to say the male species is in general larger, ergo heavier (Serena Williams being the exception) - gravity gives them a leg up when it comes to things like the half-pipe and gaining 'air' time for those tricks & shit?

Back