"Sports" that shouldn't be olympic sports.

I agree. If skateboarding wasn’t allowed in it so shouldn’t surfing!

or in the Winter Olympics snowboarding!

not really physically demanding though? Pushing some big stones over ice

When f***ing golf is an Olympic sport, pretty much nothing can be excluded on the basis of not being physically demanding.

A shark could definitely swim faster than me but then I reckon I'm always going to be faster than the shark at running. So if it was a triathlon it's all going to come down to the cycling.
Exactly. All the tri’s I’ve done I’ve considered carrying a knife. Theory being that if I see a shark I get the knife out and stab the swimmer next to me. That way the shark goes for that swimmer leaving me a clear run to the bike.

Is it really any different to some of the skiing events or even things like the luge.

All use a piece of equipment for skating/sliding

That horse is probably worth 10 million

The fact the horse is worth so much says to me that it's not really a sport. If before the event, the skateboarders skateboard breaks, or a skiers skis get lost in transit then they presumably can get replacements and carry on at very short notice.

The horse dancer needs that particular horse to compete, and it will have been trained to perfection over many years. If you are going to have a sport where the "equipment" is as important as the competitor, we might as well have Olympic formula 1.

Back