Spontanious human combustion

Isn't it something to do with something called the 'wick effect'?
Yes the idea that someone can suddenly explode in to flames was debunked years ago. I think that the main reason its no heard of occuring these days due the the fact that few people have open coal fires. It was anyway a very rare event when openl fires were commonly used and it depended on a very precise set of circumstances taking place.

Yes the idea that someone can suddenly explode in to flames was debunked years ago. I think that the main reason its no heard of occuring these days due the the fact that few people have open coal fires. It was anyway a very rare event when openl fires were commonly used and it depended on a very precise set of circumstances taking place.

They had to have spilled a slow burning substance on themselves as well as knocking themselves out next to heat source iirc.

I've got that book. It's class. Lightning balls are scary in that book n'all

I remember that book. Just ordered a s/h copy for £3.50.

The Unexplained magazine as well.

I went to Newcastle Odeon in 1981 or so, to watch a filum about all that stuff, Bermuda Triangle etc. I think it was presented by Arthur C Clarke but can't find anything on the internet?

Absolute hogwash but very entertaining.

Wicker man effect?
Aye that's it :D
Can you remember why it's usually the feet that remain?

Last edited:

Back