SPOILER-tastic No Time To Die Discussion Thread

yeah i agree with most of that….the only thing that didnt work for me was the black female 007…..im not anti women nor racist but if thats the direction they are going with Bond then count me out……she was weak imo
So was the problem that the new 007 was weak
or that the 007 was a black female

So was the problem that the new 007 was weak
or that the 007 was a black female

she was a terrible character to be fair. absolutely no depth to her at all. poorly scriped and poorly acted. in my opinion

but i think the entire film was utterly shite anyway, so what do i know

she was a terrible character to be fair. absolutely no depth to her at all. poorly scriped and poorly acted. in my opinion
At no point in your entirely fair comment, did you feel any need to mention that it was a black woman. Which is what I was getting at with the other post.

At no point in your entirely fair comment, did you feel any need to mention that it was a black woman. Which is what I was getting at with the other post.

I quite liked her and I like the idea of having more Double O agents in the team, because it means you can have more and better action (like how the Mission Impossible films have added team members). But I tend to agree that her character was a bit lightweight, probably because there was so much going on with Bond in this film that she ended up being a bit of a peripheral character.

I quite liked her and I like the idea of having more Double O agents in the team, because it means you can have more and better action (like how the Mission Impossible films have added team members). But I tend to agree that her character was a bit lightweight, probably because there was so much going on with Bond in this film that she ended up being a bit of a peripheral character.
Which is only right. Its a James Bond film. She was only a bit-part in the film.

I thought she was weak…..Thandie Newton i think would have done a better job in the same role
Of all the people you could have picked, you picked the one who recently changed her name to her original name she didn't feel safe to use due to racism :lol:

I'm not being serious here, by the way :)
She's a fantastic actor like, she'd have been class in that role.
True, but if you look at the Ilsa Faust character played by Rebecca Ferguson in MI it shows you can do a lot more with one of those supporting characters
The CIA lass in Cuba in that very film. Outstanding

Which is only right. Its a James Bond film. She was only a bit-part in the film.
Yeah and theres the rub…..the ending states that James Bond will return…..which indicates whoever picks up the franchise there will be a male in the lead role. I have no problem Bond being supported by other Double Os of any sex or race….I just didnt think the lass who played that role in NTTD was that convincing….. i thought Naomie Harris was better in that role at the beginning of one the other movies ….Quantum iirc ?
True, but if you look at the Ilsa Faust character played by Rebecca Ferguson in MI it shows you can do a lot more with one of those supporting characters

I havnt seen any of the MI films but was impressed by Rebecca Ferguson in “Doctor Sleep”

Last edited:
Yeah and theres the rub…..the ending states that James Bond will return…..which indicates whoever picks up the franchise there will be a male in the lead role. I have no problem Bond being supported by other Double Os of any sex or race….I just didnt think the lass who played that role in NTTD was that convincing….. i thought Naomie Harris was better in that role at the beginning of one the other movies ….Quantum iirc ?

I havnt seen any of the MI films but was impressed by Rebecca Ferguson in “Doctor Sleep”

If you like actiony spy stuff I think Mission Impossible is the best thing out there. I'm a Bond fan but I think the MI films have been better since they came out. All but one of the films has been topper, which is much more consistent than Bond, and the last few from 4 onwards have been absolutely f***ing amazing. And Rebecca Ferguson is superb in it.

yeah i agree with most of that….the only thing that didnt work for me was the black female 007…..im not anti women nor racist but if thats the direction they are going with Bond then count me out……she was weak imo
It worked in the context of that film ie Craig was washed up and "not needed" then everyone suddenly realised he was but i assumed she wont be the replacement otherwise we wouldnt be debating it
I'd say he's mentioned gender and colour because there's a lot of box ticking going on,he then added a disclaimer and stated she was poor in the role
I thought she was weak…..Thandie Newton i think would have done a better job in the same role
For the part she got it was ok,i though they handled Bonds accepting approach quite well as in he treated her with respect

Last edited:
If you like actiony spy stuff I think Mission Impossible is the best thing out there. I'm a Bond fan but I think the MI films have been better since they came out. All but one of the films has been topper, which is much more consistent than Bond, and the last few from 4 onwards have been absolutely f***ing amazing. And Rebecca Ferguson is superb in it.
Thanks for that….tbh im not really a great fan of Tom Cruise which is probably the reason i have given the M.I’s a miss…..but am willing to give them a go based on your reply above

Agree with the comments that the Nomi character was weak, largely pointless, poorly acted and scripted and if we’re being honest about it the lass was dumpy and unattractive to boot.

I mentioned in another thread that Dune was like Star Wars and someone (You Cockers?) said there’s a podcast where they discuss all the ways Lucas Ripped off Herbert. You could do the same for the MI fillums. They are very well done especially the last three but you could play a great drinking game spotting all the ways large and small that they have ripped off Bond fillums

They didn’t give Ana De Armas a whole lot to do either but at least she looked stunning doing it!

Agree with the comments that the Nomi character was weak, largely pointless, poorly acted and scripted and if we’re being honest about it the lass was dumpy and unattractive to boot.
Mind, when Bond meets her in the club in Cuba, she's fit enough that he wants to bang her.

They didn’t give Ana De Armas a whole lot to do either but at least she looked stunning doing it!
I was really disappointed she didn't come back in later on in the film. First time I've seen her in out - she's going to be a huge star

Back