Spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I do it as my C2C training. Just make sure you get your bike set up properly otherwise you will hurt your knees and/or your nether regions!

I do spinning a couple of times a week, and really enjoy it. You can make it as easy or hard as you want, so don't be put off by being a beginner.

The best way to feel the benefit is to push yourself harder and increase the resistance each time you go.

Quiet a few blokes to it where I go, and one of the instructors is a bloke.

This. Tues and Weds mornings for me, 6.45 til 7.30.

do spinning in springs in shields when ever my legs/ankles start hurting to much off running, class work out and you make it as hard our easy as you like, usually go for a swim afterwards to relax

As anyone tried this or does it regularly? Thinking of starting going 2-3 times a week to lose some beef.

Also as a side note following on from the how much do you drink thread at the start of last week I've managed to avoid booze since Tuesday, well happy with surviving the weekend!

When I first came to the US back in 2001 I was spinning twice a day 5 days a week. It helped me lose 5 stone...

Just bought myself a spinning bike second hand for the basement. Hoping once I get back from Atlanta to be able to do it again.

Had my first session this morning, 7 til 7.50. Actually really enjoyed it, weirdly. Shattered now though, more off the early morning than anything

Just did my first spinning session, fuck me I'm in pain. Definitely going to keep at it though! Did anyone else feeling like they were floating after their first go??

Did my first spinning class today. Thought it was great. Proper knacks your thigh muscles when you stand up off the seat. I'm fine until I do that! Will be doing it again though.

Did my first spinning class today. Thought it was great. Proper knacks your thigh muscles when you stand up off the seat. I'm fine until I do that! Will be doing it again though.

the dam instructor that does one of the classes i take part in hates sitting down so out of the 45mins at least 40mins are stood up, its a relif when its sit down break time, really rewarding at the end think i will spin tomorrow night

myleftfoot1978 said:
the dam instructor that does one of the classes i take part in hates sitting down so out of the 45mins at least 40mins are stood up, its a relif when its sit down break time, really rewarding at the end think i will spin tomorrow night

My instructor wasn't too bad with constantly standing up thankfully although it should get easier the more I do it. Think I'll make it a regular thing.

Nothing more rewarding than that ache in the legs is there?! Just been to a class at 7am, back home relaxing for an hour now and going to head out for a bit of a run while the weathers holding up!

Not much of an instructor then. The hardest work you do in spin is seated with resistance. Too much standing up is taking the easy way out if you ask me.

I've found that those classes that are female dominated tend to have less resistance work and less seated work. The gym I go to can be like that and there are way too many sprint tracks.

Is it just standing up though or do they mix it with 'hovers' (no weight through the arms), 'back' (where you stay standing but push all your weight back over the seat) and 'climbs' (turning the resistance up until you can barely turn the peddles)?

I love spinning classes.

Nothing else exercise wise give me such a buzz.

Just been to my first spinning class. Didn't realise I was that unfit! But nothing more encouraging than a girl in Lycra screaming "harder harder faster faster almost there" certainly wakes you up on a morning

Doing my first class since a good while ago tomorrow, can honestly say am looking forward to it. Doubt I'll be saying that after the class like

Not much of an instructor then. The hardest work you do in spin is seated with resistance. Too much standing up is taking the easy way out if you ask me.

I've found that those classes that are female dominated tend to have less resistance work and less seated work. The gym I go to can be like that and there are way too many sprint tracks.

I disagree with this, generally the resistance is up higher when standing and is more akin to jogging/cardio, staying seated is generally lighter resistance and more akin to leg press/muscular workout - so a good mix of both is the best imo. The sprint tracks are an attempt to get interval training (HIIT) into the routine, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back