Spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As anyone tried this or does it regularly? Thinking of starting going 2-3 times a week to lose some beef.

Also as a side note following on from the how much do you drink thread at the start of last week I've managed to avoid booze since Tuesday, well happy with surviving the weekend!

As anyone tried this or does it regularly? Thinking of starting going 2-3 times a week to lose some beef.

Also as a side note following on from the how much do you drink thread at the start of last week I've managed to avoid booze since Tuesday, well happy with surviving the weekend!

Yes but not for a while. Soon gets you fit.

I do it thrice a week, good cardio - 700-800 calories per 45min session.

Give it a 10 session try out at least before you decide to give up or continue as I remember the first few were hard going !

I do an hour of Spin/Circuits and an hour of Spinning every week - well worth it. But as pointed out already, if you turn up the resistance everytime the instructor tells you to and put everything into it you'll come out of every class a physical wreck :)

I do them pretty often. If the instructor is decent then they are a great work out (there are some shite ones who talk all the way through and play crap music).

Best thing to remember is that you get out of it what you put in so there is no point in going if you are going to coast through with no resistance on. I've lost count of the number of people who I see do spinning and end the session without breaking sweat.

I do them pretty often. If the instructor is decent then they are a great work out (there are some shite ones who talk all the way through and play crap music).

Best thing to remember is that you get out of it what you put in so there is no point in going if you are going to coast through with no resistance on. I've lost count of the number of people who I see do spinning and end the session without breaking sweat.

Very much THIS - good advice.

It is great for fitness. I go when I can. First few times in an hour long session I looked at the clock to see how long had gone thinking I was canny tired......7 minutes had gone. That was a long 53 minutes. So I would also recommend not to go out too hard.

I do spinning a couple of times a week, and really enjoy it. You can make it as easy or hard as you want, so don't be put off by being a beginner.

The best way to feel the benefit is to push yourself harder and increase the resistance each time you go.

Quiet a few blokes to it where I go, and one of the instructors is a bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back