Spiking drinks

A lot in the media about this at the moment , what kind of bastard does this. One of my daughter's got spiked a while back had a fall and was terrified. Instant decent jail time for anyone caught doing this. And a kicking for good measure.

Great excuse for people to use when they've been idiots and had too much to drink.

How does anyone know for sure they've been spiked? Given people can behave to the uppermost levels of bellendery and stupidity when pissed, how can the pissed person know for sure it was a spiked drink?

The giveaway is that it's very rarely someone who is on their first drink, or who are not already pissed anyway. I honestly think 90% of times people say its happened to them it probably hasn't.

But aye, if anyone in the entire world did happen to see someone spike a drink (another thing that never happens) then a good kicking before the rozzers arrived would be fair game in my view.

Great excuse for people to use when they've been idiots and had too much to drink.

How does anyone know for sure they've been spiked? Given people can behave to the uppermost levels of bellendery and stupidity when pissed, how can the pissed person know for sure it was a spiked drink?

The giveaway is that it's very rarely someone who is on their first drink, or who are not already pissed anyway. I honestly think 90% of times people say its happened to them it probably hasn't.

But aye, if anyone in the entire world did happen to see someone spike a drink (another thing that never happens) then a good kicking before the rozzers arrived would be fair game in my view.
I was spiked 4 months ago and I knew because I wasn’t pissed but I couldn’t walk or talk and had to be carried upstairs to bed by my mates.

What I’m not getting about this new trend that seems to be appearing with the needle thing, it seems to be reported in a wide geography now.

Using a needle seems such a dangerous way for the spiker to do it. Let’s just say some evil twat thought it was a good way to do it. It’ll be a concentrated area. If it’s wider spread it would mean more people all of a sudden taking this method up. I’m struggling to understand it. Is it a team effort?

The last thing I want to do is downplay the whole thing, because it’s very serious, but the sceptic in me echoes Mux about people just being off their tits using it as an excuse, or even worse, one or two running with the story to create attention for themselves. Both things are very dangerous because it will take away from real incidents

There's a whole thread on it here and an article where experts have pretty much debunked the spiking by injection rumour that's doing the rounds.

I was spiked 4 months ago and I knew because I wasn’t pissed but I couldn’t walk or talk and had to be carried upstairs to bed by my mates.
An upstanding member of the smb such as yourself would never tell a porky about such things.

Daft shite young lads and lasses who can't handle their drink/drugs need an excuse for their mams and dads for when they piss in their wardrobe though.
There's a whole thread on it here and an article where experts have pretty much debunked the spiking by injection rumour that's doing the rounds.
Called it when it first got mentioned in the news as bollocks. A few of my female friends disagreed and are terrified of it happening to them and then you hear stories from loads of daft lasses saying they've experienced it, despite nobody ever hearing about it before and nobody mentioning it ever before.

Typical jump on the bandwagon behaviour.

Almost every other week one of my extended group of friends claims they've been spiked. I can tell you it's almost certainly nonsense most of the time or they're incredibly unlucky.

Last edited:
That's something a complete and utter pisshead would say. 🥴
What I’m not getting about this new trend that seems to be appearing with the needle thing, it seems to be reported in a wide geography now.

Using a needle seems such a dangerous way for the spiker to do it. Let’s just say some evil twat thought it was a good way to do it. It’ll be a concentrated area. If it’s wider spread it would mean more people all of a sudden taking this method up. I’m struggling to understand it. Is it a team effort?

The last thing I want to do is downplay the whole thing, because it’s very serious, but the sceptic in me echoes Mux about people just being off their tits using it as an excuse, or even worse, one or two running with the story to create attention for themselves. Both things are very dangerous because it will take away from real incidents
I think if someone sticks a needle into you, it goes beyond spiking. That's assault.

Back