Spider, spider

Actually haven’t seen one of the massive ones since we’ve had the dog so wonder how that would play out. She chases moths and other flying creepy crawlies so probably game over for the spiders.

I just leave them be. Some live in my bathroom. When you open the window, there's always several sitting on the ledge on the top of the window. Another family live in the bit where the pipes for the washer and outside taps are boxed in. They spin webs in the corner of the utility room window to catch flies.

I’m absolutely petrified of them

I could just about suck up a tiny one with a hoover. Anything bigger than a penny and I’d have to call my dad to come and get it :lol:

Weirdly, I think I’ve seen a maximum of 3 spiders since I moved to London 6 years ago.

I’m absolutely petrified of them

I could just about suck up a tiny one with a hoover. Anything bigger than a penny and I’d have to call my dad to come and get it :lol:

Weirdly, I think I’ve seen a maximum of 3 spiders since I moved to London 6 years ago.
I'm getting worse as I get older. I just freeze and shout for help.

However, I stamped on a little bastard the other day 3 times and it didn't die. Felt respect for the evil bastard so allowed it to live and placed it outside. It was tiny mind. Fully expect it grow and come back and eat me.

It the op situation, I would burn the house down.

Cuddle it
Spiders flies ants and moths don't bother me, all that flies do is go to the window or the cat or dog food, ants just go about their business its not like they are going to form a battalion and attack you, spiders are just creepy looking but are harmless unless you live in the likes of australia or south america.

Last edited:
Don't like them , but wouldn't kill them. I just leave them be, no point putting them outside cos they'll find a way back in again - they're looking for somewhere warm for the winter.

I've got one in the garage which is that big, I can read it's tattoos. He loves a bluebottle.

If you find your sharing your living room with a spider the size of a child's hand, do you:

a) ignore it and let it groove on
b) scream and hide behind the sofa
c) befriend it and give it a cuddle
d) kill it
e) give it a new home outside your house

I know prople who do all five of these things. Which are you?
Leave it to build a web and catch the flies and mosquitoes

Back