Spider, spider

Somtam

Central Defender
If you find your sharing your living room with a spider the size of a child's hand, do you:

a) ignore it and let it groove on
b) scream and hide behind the sofa
c) befriend it and give it a cuddle
d) kill it
e) give it a new home outside your house

I know prople who do all five of these things. Which are you?

Always keep a large empty yogurt pot (Onken/Yeo Valley style) and a flat piece of card around, but especially this time of year.

If the spider’s too big for that size pot, or it’s really awkwardly placed like up a wall or something, vacuum cleaner plus hose attachment.

Under no circumstances leave it in the room, or it will eat your eyeballs while you’re asleep.

Don’t have nightmares.

either ignore it and let it wander off somewhere or take it outside. I never kill them, they do good. there's no point killing them if you don't agree with them being there, just move it

This.

If it's happy sticking to the corners then it can stay. If it gets brave and starts wandering around too much for my liking, then it's a pint glass and envelope taxi ride to the outside.

I dont kill them.

But I do point them out to Charlie, my border collie. Whatever he does is up to him....nowt to do with me.

He loves spiders.....

They give me the fear, it’s not their fault that I’m a big girls blouse though so it’s a pint glass/takeaway menu relocation job to the garden.

Not ideal for spidey as house spiders aren’t equipped for outside life, still a better outcome than the sole my size 11’s though.
Never knew that, everyday is a school day on here.

Where did they kip before houses were invented or have they evolved since?

If you find your sharing your living room with a spider the size of a child's hand, do you:

a) ignore it and let it groove on
b) scream and hide behind the sofa
c) befriend it and give it a cuddle
d) kill it
e) give it a new home outside your house

I know prople who do all five of these things. Which are you?
Cardinal spiders go outside because they don't bite. Brown House spiders die because their bite hurts.

I'd prefer not to as they kill flies but.

Back