Spider-Man 2

Hammered this yesterday and today. 15 hours in so far and still seems quite near the start of the main quest. The traversal and fighting are so enjoyable I've been mostly doing side stuff. I'm level 30 at the minute and the symbiote has just made an appearance so no clue as to what's really going on or where it will go.

Can't wait to get back at it.

I’ve just go the symbiote suit, the graphics are amazing, plus the PS5 pad is so good with the haptics etc
I'm playing it at 40fps on the 120hz mode and I can't tell it's not 60 and it's nothing like the blur you see at 30 when you move.

I think I'll have to move the story on soon as I've basically cleared each zone of stuff and everything else is locked off atm.

Not very far in the story I don't think. Just been trying to unlock fast travel in most of the areas.

First mission was class like.

Not very far in the story I don't think. Just been trying to unlock fast travel in most of the areas.

First mission was class like.
As you clear out areas, apart from crimes you'll need to move forward the main quest a mission or so to unlock the side stuff that gives you better rewards so areas unlock quicker.

Just unlocked the symbiote suit. Think I only have one area I can't fast travel to and I was guessing I need to unlock new side missions before I'll get it

I’ve just go the symbiote suit, the graphics are amazing, plus the PS5 pad is so good with the haptics etc
Best use of haptic feedback on the PS5 to date.
Hammered this yesterday and today. 15 hours in so far and still seems quite near the start of the main quest. The traversal and fighting are so enjoyable I've been mostly doing side stuff. I'm level 30 at the minute and the symbiote has just made an appearance so no clue as to what's really going on or where it will go.

Can't wait to get back at it.
Web wings are a great addition. Love switching up between that and swinging through the city.

Finished this yesterday. Brilliant game.
Would have had the platinum but I missed doing stealth kills using the new web line skill and it's basically impossible doing it after all missions have been complted with the crimes. I was so into the new fighting skills and abilities that I barely ever used stealth. You had to web enemies from abut 25 times from the web line for the trophy. I done it 4 times.

Finished this yesterday. Brilliant game.
Would have had the platinum but I missed doing stealth kills using the new web line skill and it's basically impossible doing it after all missions have been complted with the crimes. I was so into the new fighting skills and abilities that I barely ever used stealth. You had to web enemies from abut 25 times from the web line for the trophy. I done it 4 times.
Tbh your spoiler there doesn’t need to be. Would prob help out people who want the platinum. I missed out on the platinum on the first game first time around for something similar. Saddo that I am I played through it again to get it.

Tbh your spoiler there doesn’t need to be. Would prob help out people who want the platinum. I missed out on the platinum on the first game first time around for something similar. Saddo that I am I played through it again to get it.
I suppose you're right but didn't want to risk it. I'm going to hold out for a bit though for New Game + and hopefully mission select. before going back, although I could just run through it on story mode and get to the bit where the ability opens up and clear the trophy.

I love an open world this length like. The busy work doesn't seem too monotonous when it's limited and helps your stat progression so quite happy to go through all the side stuff before progressing the main missions. Think I was level 58 and I still have more than half of the main quest to do. It gets proper epic from then all the way to the end at that point. Class boss fights after boss fights.

I suppose you're right but didn't want to risk it. I'm going to hold out for a bit though for New Game + and hopefully mission select. before going back, although I could just run through it on story mode and get to the bit where the ability opens up and clear the trophy.

I love an open world this length like. The busy work doesn't seem too monotonous when it's limited and helps your stat progression so quite happy to go through all the side stuff before progressing the main missions. Think I was level 58 and I still have more than half of the main quest to do. It gets proper epic from then all the way to the end at that point. Class boss fights after boss fights.
even after reading your spoiler a few weeks ago I still made the same mistake as you and didnt get the slack line trophy before the end of the game, I did find a way of doing it though, if you go to the "Punch your ticket" mysterium you can do the line between the two buildings there and get the trophy in about 10 minutes.

even after reading your spoiler a few weeks ago I still made the same mistake as you and didnt get the slack line trophy before the end of the game, I did find a way of doing it though, if you go to the "Punch your ticket" mysterium you can do the line between the two buildings there and get the trophy in about 10 minutes.
I will try that

First game I've ever got platinum on. Normally get bored after finishing the main story but this was quite short. Is there any planned DLC for this or should I just sell it now while I might still get some money for it?

First game I've ever got platinum on. Normally get bored after finishing the main story but this was quite short. Is there any planned DLC for this or should I just sell it now while I might still get some money for it?
I'd say there will be, there was quite a bit for the first one and it was pretty decent too.

it worked for me. Just finished the platinum there, had left the "soar" trophy to the end as I expected it to be a complete ball ache but it actually wasnt so bad.
I watched a guide for that as the first time I just jumped from the highest building and made it there using the two boost things you have aren't allowed to be used.

Tbh after the main quest and the side stuff with icons I only had half a dozen trophies to get s though it would take half an hour. I saw someone mention on a guide you could maybe set up the wire near one of the crimes around the city but I was spotted instantly before I'd even got the wire out, especially off the new crime enemies towards the end.
They done 3 bits of dlc with the first game, around 2 to 3 hours each, then made the shorter game in Miles Morales, 7 to 8 hours, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did something.

Last edited:

Back