Spending £50 notes in the north east.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The arabs love a bullseye. Even the kids use them for a fiver trip.
It's a pain trying to spend Northern Irish notes in Sunderland. Last time our lass's brother came over he was chuffed he thought to get some English notes before he came, so he wouldn't have the bother of people turning down his money.

Then he pulls a £50 note out of his wallet to pay for a bag of chips.
Spend the Northern Irish notes in fuel stations. Same goes for scottish notes.
who even carries cash anymore f***ing perverts
Broaden your horizons. Still loads of perverts about.

Last edited:
Still favoured by cash dealers
Lots of people deal with the same people over and over in big values
Fifties are fine in that environment elsewhere ,retail etc they cause a wobbler anywhere
No reason why they should. The raised lettering is a dead giveaway amongst the other safety features.

Mike Ashley has no trouble spending them it would seem, didn’t he have a pocket full when he went on that Sports Direct factory tour where his employees were working minimum wage on zero hour contracts

That suggests he did have trouble spending them.

Mike Ashley has no trouble spending them it would seem, didn’t he have a pocket full when he went on that Sports Direct factory tour where his employees were working minimum wage on zero hour contracts

You’ve missed the point , it was a great deflection tactic by Ashley , got everyone talking about his pocketful of pinky’s instead of his dubious working practices.

He’s not as daft as he looks man.

Ive only ever seen one twice in my life and I'm 36 :lol:

I did get a tip in the form of 3 x€500 notes once though, only place you can spend them easily seems to be the south of France- I'm sure they were talking about getting rid of them as you can smuggle like 10 grand in a tab packet.

I remember when I was a kid in the 90s people were forging £1 coins. It must have cost a canny bit to produce so what’s the point

Someone gave one of my volunteers a £50 at our collection at The Etihad on Saturday
I can't understand why anyone would carry £50 notes. Not many places accept them and the amount of change you might get would pull your trousers down
If you bought a drink or owt at the Etihad they've probably had your pants down anyway

No reason why they should. The raised lettering is a dead giveaway amongst the other safety features.
I couldn't buy a car in cash once at a blokes house because " it could be fake "
They were 20s
Load's of shop people just flap and know nothing of ways to tell .

We stopped taking them in the club years ago when there was loads of snide ones knocking about (they were rarer than NUFC wins anyway). We've never got round to lifting the ban tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back