Spending £50 notes in the north east.

did get a tip in the form of 3 x€500 notes once though, only place you can spend them easily seems to be the south of France-
Easy to shift them in Gibraltar,i pulled some out of my pocket once and ripped one,the bank wouldn't change it as I didn't have an account with them,found a Pakistani shop keeper who changed it and charged me a tenner for doing so...….Then asked did I want a load of duty-free fags delivered on the Spanish side of the border :eek: (I don't even smoke).
I remember when I was a kid in the 90s people were forging £1 coins. It must have cost a canny bit to produce so what’s the point
Some guy down here,i think it was in enfield?he was an engineer,churned out millions of fake quids on an industrial scale,couple of lads took a delivery from him in Hounslow,they had over a million,it was in all of the local papers.

Last edited:

Can you remember the moorside forger case marra?
I cant mate,the old guy I used to know in Thailand who served time in the UK for counterfeiting notes told me what one man can make another man can copy I remember he told me optimum 80 I think is the paper of choice for old UK notes,it was a paper/linen or paper/cotton mix.

When I was a nipper in the 80's I went in 5th Avenue one neet and they gave me a flyer on the door that had some event on one side and a picture of an obviously fake £10 on the other.

I got a can of Colt 45 and gave the lass behind the bar (tbf it was quite dark in there) the flyer £10 picture side up for a laugh thinking she'll never fall for it. Dozy mare gave me over £9 in change!

Back