Spelk

The next one the southerners hate is when two people from Sunderland speak to each other. Mate said, you might as well literally be speaking another language, you lot speak so fast and not a word of it sounds like English. I have an accent but deffo posh mackem hybrid, they would be fucked if they spoke to anyone off my estate.

Word origin of 'spelk'

from Old English spelc, spilc surgical splint; related to Old Norse spelkur splints
OED:

Etymology: Old English spelc (also spilc), = West Flemish spelke (De Bo), Norwegian spjelk, Icelandic spelka, †spjalk, related to Middle Dutch spalke (Kilian spalcke), spalc(Dutch spalk), Low German spalke, spalk splinter, chip.

Apparently, children in other parts of the country don't get wrong.
Aye. That's a topper.

The next one the southerners hate is when two people from Sunderland speak to each other. Mate said, you might as well literally be speaking another language, you lot speak so fast and not a word of it sounds like English. I have an accent but deffo posh mackem hybrid, they would be fucked if they spoke to anyone off my estate.
It's class when abroad if someone is trying to earwig the conversation.

Aye. That's a topper.

It's class when abroad if someone is trying to earwig the conversation.
or read it for that matter... sometimes the way some of you fuckers "speak" on here and the words you use just leave me feeling like I'm trying to read Beowulf in the original old English...

Actually, do find it fascinating though.

:lol:
Even southerners struggle when you hoy in chebble, clarts, narkies and pagger.
ahem, not just southerners, pal;)

or read it for that matter... sometimes the way some of you fuckers "speak" on here and the words you use just leave me feeling like I'm trying to read Beowulf in the original old English...

Actually, do find it fascinating though.

ahem, not just southerners, pal;)
It's a gift. It's not just the colloquialisms and slang, it's the speed we can spit it out. Hewmanwaddyathinkyafuckindeeingmanyaradgedfuckingbastard? Yagannagerrusfuckingclippedallower. :lol:

It's a gift. It's not just the colloquialisms and slang, it's the speed we can spit it out. Hewmanwaddyathinkyafuckindeeingmanyaradgedfuckingbastard? Yagannagerrusfuckingclippedallower. :lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

From the sound of this thread the rest of England has a hard time understanding you fuckers so I don't feel so bad:lol:

Back