Speedboat "Killer"

Am I missing something, how is letting someone "drive" your vehicle who then unfortunately crashes & dies considered to be manslaughter?

For those who've missed the news for days: Speedboat killer hands himself in to police

Would the same happen if someone else drove your car & died when they crashed it?

(The "Speedboat" only went about 30 knots too)

I'm sure I read somewhere that he was egging her on to drive the boat really fast. Others on here have implied the boat may not have been in good condition , if you combine the two then this was an accident that could have been prevented.

I'm sure I also read that he was only interested in saving himself and made no effort to try and help the girl when she was in the water.

Given by his actions of running away, I think he knew he was responsible. Otherwise why not stay put?

Just seems a wanker basically. Hope he gets extradited back to UK and banged up to do his time.

Means nowt when he’s owa there.

If Georgia has an extradition treaty with the UK it does.

I believe he may face charges of manslaughter. Seems fair enough. He’ll have a trial. The father of the deceased girl will not be a jurist or a judge. The accused will, via representation of the type he’s already sought and obtained, present evidence and testimony.

If someone were to allegedly drunkenly invite/allow/enable another equally drunken but inexperienced person to operate a piece of dangerous powerful machinery that they allegedly knew to be faulty and the result was a fatal accident ... well manslaughter seems to be a predictable (minimum) charge that I’d expect to be levelled at them.

Running away, leaving the country and hiding would appear to indicate that this individual had a similar expectation.

I believe he may face charges of manslaughter. Seems fair enough. He’ll have a trial. The father of the deceased girl will not be a jurist or a judge. The accused will, via representation of the type he’s already sought and obtained, present evidence and testimony.

If someone were to allegedly drunkenly invite/allow/enable another equally drunken but inexperienced person to operate a piece of dangerous powerful machinery that they allegedly knew to be faulty and the result was a fatal accident ... well manslaughter seems to be a predictable (minimum) charge that I’d expect to be levelled at them.

Running away, leaving the country and hiding would appear to indicate that this individual had a similar expectation.

Again? Do you think he'll turn up for this one?

Again? Do you think he'll turn up for this one?

I don’t know. He certainly doesn’t seem to want to. That could be interpreted - as some here have - as his concern that the father of the deceased girl has sway over the process (?), his lack of faith in the justice system, ... or something else.

Edit: I’m not that familiar with the case - doesn’t usually stop me from commenting on things that, though :)

He has already been convicted

Am I missing something, how is letting someone "drive" your vehicle who then unfortunately crashes & dies considered to be manslaughter?

For those who've missed the news for days: Speedboat killer hands himself in to police

Would the same happen if someone else drove your car & died when they crashed it?

(The "Speedboat" only went about 30 knots too)

30 knots is a fair old speed in a 14ft speedboat. Especially in the dark.
(The limit on that stretch is reported to be 12 knots)

He's an absolute bellend by all accounts. However. If two people got drunk and got on a speedboat and one of them, who had never driven a speedboat, crashed it I have to wonder whether the other one would have been done for manslaughter if the sexes were reversed.

he is an arrogant little shit who has hid away and tried to escape punishment and justice

He is also appealing the conviction using legal aid

throw away the key !!!!

Doesn’t matter if she was driving , it was his boat and legally his responsibility to make sure any passengers were safe , no lifejackets worn and in terms of the boat : emergency pull cord disabled , steering defects etc. I wonder if he actually had insurance

Back