Speedboat "Killer"

She was when it crashed.

It was manslaughter through gross negligence I think which I’d assume means he shouldn’t have gone out pissed, let her drive it I’d knew it was defective or a combination of all three.

Is there any evidence of that? It's not like she can refute the claims if there isn't.

If he'd of been humble, held his hands up and sincerely apologised to her family then he'd of got half the sentence he's going to get. Comes across as a smug arsewhipe.

However, surely the 'victim' in this has to take some responsibility. Its like someone handing me the keys to a ferrari after an away game full of sauce. I'd go and sit in it and appriciate it but would I fuck drive the fucker.

If he'd of been humble, held his hands up and sincerely apologised to her family then he'd of got half the sentence he's going to get. Comes across as a smug arsewhipe.

However, surely the 'victim' in this has to take some responsibility. Its like someone handing me the keys to a ferrari after an away game full of sauce. I'd go and sit in it and appriciate it but would I fuck drive the fucker.

Bit hard to do that when your dead

he's claiming the victims father holds quite a bit of power in the justice system and was able to successfully appeal the CPS's initial decision against a prosecution.

It was defective.
Do boats have an equivalent of an MOT? Had this failed one?

Comes under Duty of care
Are there rules for boats but not cars?

He's clearly an arrogant arsehole and is responsible for the poor girl's death. Deserves no sympathy whatsoever, and that's before he absconded to escape justice.
Reading between the lines this seems to be the crux of the matter. Cad & bounder seducing innocent young women with red speedboat "Jack Shepherd had a polished seduction routine. He would take women out for expensive meals and thrilling rides on his speedboat. But one night his fixation on trying to impress went horribly wrong when he killed his date, Charlotte Brown."

If the same had happened with a rundown but legal 1980's sportscar, without the alcohol to exclude that illegal act, would he have been prosecuted for that?

It's obviously a tragic case, but young men show off flash vehicles to women all the time, that's why they drive Fiat Arbarths etc.

My thoughts too. It reminds me of the cyclist case from last year. His attitude seemed to swing the case too.

I was the same opinion that he was a bit of an arrogant wanker then I seen the father of his girlfriend.

I’m not surprised that he wants blood but he’s using his contacts to get him the maximum publicity to make sure he pays.

Back