Speed awareness courses

Status
Not open for further replies.

I went on one of these a few years ago. The presenter was asked why the speed limit was lower on the motorways in the UK than France and Germany. Her response was "It's because the barriers in the UK have only been tested up to 70mph so that's the limit."
I asked her if she was familiar with Newton's second law of motion that states Force is mass times acceleration, or F= m x a.
She didn't reply.
"Does this mean that a car that weighs 0ne metric tonne can travel at 14 times the speed of a 14 tonne lorry then?
She left the room.

:lol:you should have asked her about the relative permeability of freespace

Ive just been clocked doing 39 in a 30 zone. had a letter stating this but not been offered speed awareness course. Do you normally get a second letter or what?

first time ive been caught

10% plus 2 is the enforcement threshold in which you can be persecuted so for 30moh roads you need to be going 35mph to be prosecuted, 77mph on a 70mph road.

Last time I did a speed awareness course the limit was 10% plus 6 to be eligible IIRC.

Some insurance companies such as admiral now ask not only for you to declare any covjctioms and pints but also if you've attended a speed awareness course. So they still charge you more anyway the twats.

10% + 2....so no

10% plus 2 is the enforcement threshold in which you can be persecuted so for 30moh roads you need to be going 35mph to be prosecuted, 77mph on a 70mph road.

Last time I did a speed awareness course the limit was 10% plus 6 to be eligible IIRC.

Some insurance companies such as admiral now ask not only for you to declare any covjctioms and pints but also if you've attended a speed awareness course. So they still charge you more anyway the twats.
They did me for 33! :evil:

Ive just been clocked doing 39 in a 30 zone. had a letter stating this but not been offered speed awareness course. Do you normally get a second letter or what?

first time ive been caught

your first letter will be for you to confirm you are the owner of the car and make the statutory declaration as to who the driver was at the time of alleged offence

Only right, drink drivers should pay more for their insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back