Speed awareness courses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well I agree it's skewed towards rural counties - I said as much - but facts are facts and North Yorkshire has one of the country's highest serious or fatal road casualty rate..
Its also the largest county. I think.

It does contribute, I do struggle at times when over taking, slight dab on the throttle and the speed jumps massively. Not trying to make excuses but it does happen.
He's not driving a 6.3 Merc or an M5 man ;):lol:

I went on one of these a few years ago. The presenter was asked why the speed limit was lower on the motorways in the UK than France and Germany. Her response was "It's because the barriers in the UK have only been tested up to 70mph so that's the limit."
I asked her if she was familiar with Newton's second law of motion that states Force is mass times acceleration, or F= m x a.
She didn't reply.
"Does this mean that a car that weighs 0ne metric tonne can travel at 14 times the speed of a 14 tonne lorry then?
She left the room.

I went on one of these a few years ago. The presenter was asked why the speed limit was lower on the motorways in the UK than France and Germany. Her response was "It's because the barriers in the UK have only been tested up to 70mph so that's the limit."
I asked her if she was familiar with Newton's second law of motion that states Force is mass times acceleration, or F= m x a.
She didn't reply.
"Does this mean that a car that weighs 0ne metric tonne can travel at 14 times the speed of a 14 tonne lorry then?
She left the room.

You can do physics but can't read a speedometer? No wonder the country is fucked.

Took the points me, couldn't be wasting a day on that shit

you're allowed one every 3 years, ex copper types taking them, last one I was on was in a hotel and he tried to stop me having a pint during the break, said I was disrespecting the course even though I explained to him I was staying overnight at the hotel and it would be perfectly legal for me to drive anyway. I had my pint but think I would just as easily take the fixed penalty. It's a long day.

you're allowed one every 3 years, ex copper types taking them, last one I was on was in a hotel and he tried to stop me having a pint during the break, said I was disrespecting the course even though I explained to him I was staying overnight at the hotel and it would be perfectly legal for me to drive anyway. I had my pint but think I would just as easily take the fixed penalty. It's a long day.
I know I've had one.

:lol:

I think I'd need more than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back