Speed awareness courses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a strange old world...
If a person commits a terrorist atrocity people bend over backwards to disolve the person of blame...oh they just have mental issues, it is the West's fault etc ec
Drive a little bit too fast causing no harm to anyone and you are the devil in a Mag shirt.
How about some perspective?

Well for one, North Yorkshire has one of the highest rates of road deaths and serious injures combined in England. So of course the police are going to be shit hot on speed there.

Since 2011, 38 adults have lost their lives on 70mph roads in North Yorkshire.

Biggest county in England by an absolute rural country mile so it's always going to be high up the list tbfl.

Open road, foot down, & all that.

Etc..

It's per person. Geographical size doesn't matter. It's rural nature is what causes it mostly though.

Clearly skewed though.

Greater London has nearly 9 million people - how many 70mph roads though???

Country roads are clearly there to put your foot down in wild abandon :cool:

Edit: Apart from in the winter of 2001/02 when I hit a random patch of black ice :oops::rolleyes:

Ouch!!

Last edited:
Clearly skewed though.

Greater London has nearly 9 million people - how many 70mph roads though???

Country roads are clearly there to put your foot down in wild abandon :cool:

Well I agree it's skewed towards rural counties - I said as much - but facts are facts and North Yorkshire has one of the country's highest serious or fatal road casualty rate.

It's a huge problem rural counties face because precisely what you say. Country roads, foot down. Closest I've ever came to an accident was some prick in a van overtaking a cyclist on a corner on a 60 road.

Absolute bellend. This was East Yorkshire mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back