Spanish ex-pats

Well, I wouldn't want idiots like you deciding it or anything else . How about our elected representatives ?

Nor do I .
Idiots like me elected them.

I mean I didn’t but other idiots did,
A decision so important should never have been put to a referendum is I'm guessing what he means. And he is right.
We are in the age of the advisor. Idiots with university degrees and no common sense.

Last edited:
Just managed to get one for next Friday. Told my mates to try and once again nothing.
For the TIE? I had one end of December but hadn't updated my empadronamiento so skipped the appointment. Registered my new address Jan 4th and still not been changes by the lazy funcionarios. Without it, I don't believe I can get the TIE. And without the TIE, although I should be fine, I don't want to run the risk of travelling abroad and having issues getting back in.

Some things with the Spanish system are a pain in the ass. My car for example is still registered in a town I lived in 2 towns ago - as I rent I have moved every 12 months in the last few years. I've tried to change that (and everything else) but their system rejected it (without notifying me). The good thing about it is I'm paying far less for the IVTM (car tax) than just would be where I now live and have tried to register to.

Hoping I can sort the TIE at some point to just for peace of mind but there is no legal requirement to change at this moment (or planned).

For the TIE? I had one end of December but hadn't updated my empadronamiento so skipped the appointment. Registered my new address Jan 4th and still not been changes by the lazy funcionarios. Without it, I don't believe I can get the TIE. And without the TIE, although I should be fine, I don't want to run the risk of travelling abroad and having issues getting back in.

Some things with the Spanish system are a pain in the ass. My car for example is still registered in a town I lived in 2 towns ago - as I rent I have moved every 12 months in the last few years. I've tried to change that (and everything else) but their system rejected it (without notifying me). The good thing about it is I'm paying far less for the IVTM (car tax) than just would be where I now live and have tried to register to.

Hoping I can sort the TIE at some point to just for peace of mind but there is no legal requirement to change at this moment (or planned).
Yes mate for the TIE. Managed to pay the taxes in the Caixa this morning so hopefully everything should run smoothly. But I'm sure you know by now, there's always doubt that you are missing some unmentioned thing.

No it doesn't MEAN you do but it certainly helps. What it almost always does is open people's minds to a larger World and it encourages more critical thinking.
I am not saying education is a bad thing, it’s to be encouraged. I’m saying, in my opinion, the desire of politicians to be popular at all costs led us to where we are. Bojo ffs.

You've obviously never been at the mercy of Spanish bureaucracy ')
I had employees in Spain so have a decent idea from an employment law perspective but surely it’s nothing a bit of planning couldn’t solve.

It certainly gives an insight into how some have got themselves in trouble though.

Back