Spanish ex-pats

Are we doing the same with Europeans living in the UK?
Citizens rights are reciprocal and guaranteed in the WA. From the EU side if the WA is broken (over NI or whatever) the citizens rights clauses will be maintained, this is law. I assume that is also reciprocated by the UK (that citizens rights are not threatened by any break of the WA) but I'm not sure.

Ours was in early 2018, and yes, most of the questions couldn't be answered. But the one certainty was that it would no longer be viable to live under the radar. We knew people who'd been there 30 years and still didn't have an NIE number. So many basic aspects of daily life require one - including receiving a signed-for parcel from Amazon.
Yeah, I used to live in Spain and I just cant fathom how people lived without one.
I live in Denmark and you can't really do anything without their equivalent either.

British people will still be able to go and work in the EU; to live; to travel; to study; to buy homes and to settle down. As the German equivalent of the CBI – the BDI – has very sensibly reminded us, there will continue to be free trade, and access to the single market.

Boris Johnson, Daily Telegraph, 2016

For those who haven’t got the right paperwork, they may stay under the radar for a while, but once they need medical or other assistance then that could be when the real problems start.

I stayed in a complex near Alicante two years ago in which half of the residents seemed to be from the north east. They were a bit unsettled because some Germans and other Europeans were moving in. For many there was a general distrust of anything not British, hardly any spoke any Spanish and the lifestyle seemed to be sunbathing and enjoying the cheaper booze.

A cliche I know, and I would imagine that this cliche is in complete contrast to those who embrace the Spanish lifestyle and culture, but it probably makes up a significant percentage of older expats. Bizarrely, many hanker after the good old days and will have voted brexit, we’ll see what unfolds but you would expect some bumps in the road.

That things that are uncertain

Sometimes if you shit on your own doorstep, lions come to eat it
Better off at home, well apart from the weather I suppose.
For those who haven’t got the right paperwork, they may stay under the radar for a while, but once they need medical or other assistance then that could be when the real problems start.

I stayed in a complex near Alicante two years ago in which half of the residents seemed to be from the north east. They were a bit unsettled because some Germans and other Europeans were moving in. For many there was a general distrust of anything not British, hardly any spoke any Spanish and the lifestyle seemed to be sunbathing and enjoying the cheaper booze.

A cliche I know, and I would imagine that this cliche is in complete contrast to those who embrace the Spanish lifestyle and culture, but it probably makes up a significant percentage of older expats. Bizarrely, many hanker after the good old days and will have voted brexit, we’ll see what unfolds but you would expect some bumps in the road.
Sounds good to me.

British people will still be able to go and work in the EU; to live; to travel; to study; to buy homes and to settle down. As the German equivalent of the CBI – the BDI – has very sensibly reminded us, there will continue to be free trade, and access to the single market.

Boris Johnson, Daily Telegraph, 2016

Islamists maintain that lying is permissible if the ones you're deceiving are non-believers. That attitude is now entrenched in politics in the UK and US. It doesn't matter that Johnson lied because he was lying to 'Remoaners'.

(People may revise their view as they find themselves on the wrong side of some of those lies. But too late now.)

Islamists maintain that lying is permissible if the ones you're deceiving are non-believers. That attitude is now entrenched in politics in the UK and US. It doesn't matter that Johnson lied because he was lying to 'Remoaners'.

(People may revise their view as they find themselves on the wrong side of some of those lies. But too late now.)

It will take a long time for people to come to terms with the extent of the deceit.

Right now lots of Brexiters have been immune from the negative consequences of their own decision. They will only change their mind of those consequences rebound on themselves

Will probably take a massive house price crash or black wednesday fall in the pound

It will take a long time for people to come to terms with the extent of the deceit.

Right now lots of Brexiters have been immune from the negative consequences of their own decision. They will only change their mind of those consequences rebound on themselves

Will probably take a massive house price crash or black wednesday fall in the pound
A mate of mine sells stuff on the internet, with probably a third going to the EU. He now hardly sells any to the EU, it costs him more and the paperwork for each item (beauty products) is horrendous.

He voted leave and knew he would have more paprework, but thought it would be one lot and that’s it, not lots of ongoing forms for every sale. We don’t talk about brexit anymore.

A mate of mine sells stuff on the internet, with probably a third going to the EU. He now hardly sells any to the EU, it costs him more and the paperwork for each item (beauty products) is horrendous.

He voted leave and knew he would have more paprework, but thought it would be one lot and that’s it, not lots of ongoing forms for every sale. We don’t talk about brexit anymore.

He should get into fat lips, probably more money in it.

Back