Spanish ex-pats

Well that was a wasted week. The police have a different address, the one on my green card, than what is on my padrĂłn. There is no communication between the police and the ayuntamiento so even though I'm empadronado the information hasn't been passed to the police. I can't change my green card to the TIE unless I change my address on the green card but I can't change my address on the green card because you have to change it to the TIE. Idiots at times and I'm fuming.
Joseph Heller
When I come to changing to a TIE, my green card states one pueblo, my padron will state a different pueblo - just the same as it would if I had to update the residency card (if Brexit didn't happen).

I don't understand why they wouldn't update it for you. Sounds like I may encounter the same problem.
Cheers mate. In reality us who are already legal have an undetermined, up until now, time to sort it out. However, when we keep seeing stories about Brits being turned back, it becomes more serious.
Gives me no confidence of potentially travelling back home this summer.

Last edited:
When I come to changing to a TIE, my green card states one pueblo, my padron will state a different pueblo - just the same as it would if I had to update the residency card (if Brexit didn't happen).

I don't understand why they wouldn't update it for you. Sounds like I may encounter the same problem.

I'm going to look into it, see if there's a way of changing address at a local police station. I'll let you know how I get on. Hopefully it should make no difference in the summer as holiday makers will probably be allowed too

I may have just been unlucky too with the obnoxious young lass attending me. I probably should have asked to see someone else but I lost it a little and ending up in a slagging match. @kossoff

Last edited:

Where will you be travelling back "home" from then? ;)

Well that was a wasted week. The police have a different address, the one on my green card, than what is on my padrĂłn. There is no communication between the police and the ayuntamiento so even though I'm empadronado the information hasn't been passed to the police. I can't change my green card to the TIE unless I change my address on the green card but I can't change my address on the green card because you have to change it to the TIE. Idiots at times and I'm fuming.
Joseph Heller
Ferk !! I have this exact situation. Luckily I haven't started the process to change to TIE yet. I'll be following your trials and tribulations with interest. Good luck.

That bureaucracy video that you posted the other day has nothing on the real life version.

Edit.....if the police still think your padron is at the old place could you not go there and get a padron certificate ? It would all match then.

Ferk !! I have this exact situation. Luckily I haven't started the process to change to TIE yet. I'll be following your trials and tribulations with interest. Good luck.

That bureaucracy video that you posted the other day has nothing on the real life version.

Edit.....if the police still think your padron is at the old place could you not go there and get a padron certificate ? It would all match then.
That's my next move. It will be at least 3 or 4 months I'm guessing before appointments are more readily available.
As I mentioned a few years ago, it might be an idea for us lads to have a WhatsApp group. @Ben Gardner @kossoff @pablo casals

Last edited:
Sounds a right fuck on. Do you think thats why plenty chose to stay under the radar in the past?
Once you are in the system you are at their mercy. It was far easier to stay in the grey area.

El mismo. Following posts from the pair of you.
I may have just been unlucky too with the obnoxious young lass attending me. I probably should have asked to see someone else but I lost it a little and ending up in a slagging match. @kossoff
Ah. Understandable but never a good move.

Joseph Heller

Whenever I ran into all the layers of Spanish bureaucracy, it kinda felt like they'd already taken back control. Brussels seemed to be a very long way away.

You didn't learn anything from the video you linked? :D
I know how it works:) however, sometimes there is nothing humanly possible which can save you. :(
Whenever I ran into all the layers of Spanish bureaucracy, it kinda felt like they'd already taken back control. Brussels seemed to be a very long way away.
Exactly mate. That's one of the things which always make me cringe when the Brexeters talk about taking back control.

Last edited:
That's my next move. It will be at least 3 or 4 months I'm guessing before appointments are more readily available.
As I mentioned a few years ago, it might be an idea for us lads to have a WhatsApp group. @Ben Gardner @kossoff @pablo casals
When I got my driving license changed I used a very assertive lass called Maria who was recommended and seemed to know everyone in the town I got it changed at. She managed to get all the paperwork done in one morning at the various offices. It would have taken me at least a month. When I went for my medical the only glasses I had with me were my prescription shades so used them for the eyesight test. I couldn't use the shades for my photo so Maria got the woman to take the photo and photoshop a pair of glasses onto it. :lol: She charged me 75 euros but it was money well spent. I've a feeling she'll be coming with me to change to my TIE.

When I got my driving license changed I used a very assertive lass called Maria who was recommended and seemed to know everyone in the town I got it changed at. She managed to get all the paperwork done in one morning at the various offices. It would have taken me at least a month. When I went for my medical the only glasses I had with me were my prescription shades so used them for the eyesight test. I couldn't use the shades for my photo so Maria got the woman to take the photo and photoshop a pair of glasses onto it. :lol: She charged me 75 euros but it was money well spent. I've a feeling she'll be coming with me to change to my TIE.
The asesores don't want to touch the TIE at the moment as appointments are so hard to get. I'd now go that way if someone would take it on.
Home is always home mate, whenever you end up ;)
It is for me. Sunderland always.

Back