SpaceX are going for it

As much as I do enjoy watching the SpaceX progress, I believe that the US military moved to anti gravity engines a long time ago.
Must be true :)

Joking aside, they really did test "flying saucers" and the such like, Think it was the Nazi's that did the flying wing first, a quick google and it was the Horten Ho 229

So maybe some research is on going, who knows.

Last edited:
Elon Musk is a vile person, but then so was Edison etc, every so often it seems like someone pops up whos so driven, has such vision that they push the human race on a little bit. What they have done so fast is amazing, I wish our government had some vision reaction engines have a viable design for a runway to orbit and back space plane...
He has a bit of the alien about him.

Expected UK time is 11.10pm. Not a particularly exciting one tonight. Which I think saying about an orbital launch and return to launch site, which no other rocket or company can do, is still mind blowing. It has become just standard for spacex these days.

This particularly booster was flown twice as a side booster for the falcon heavy launches, in april and june of 2019. The fairing is also reused, one half for the 3rd time the other for the 4th. Each fairing half costs in the region of 3 million dollars.

Satellite is, Earth-observation satellite space-based radar system funded by the Italian Ministry of Research and Ministry of Defence and conducted by the Italian Space Agency (ASI), intended for both military and civilian use (pulled from wiki)

streams

spacex

nasa space flight

everyday astonaut

EDIT: still not good for weather violations. Good chance of a stand down.
confirm scrub, weather no good.
another attempt tonight, UK time is 11.10pm.
more stream options will be added as they show up.

Last edited:
It's been awhile but a new Falcon Heavy goes up today at 1.30pm. It is a spysat for the US air force so not much is known about the payload and the stream will cut out after the upper stage separates.
The plan for this is for the side boosters to fly back and land at Cape Canaveral, the centre stage will not be recovered. I think after the other failures they've had to do it and the extra development that would be needed to figure it out with it travelling so much faster than a normal falcon 9 they would rather focus on Starship rather than this which flies so infrequently.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
It's been awhile but a new Falcon Heavy goes up today at 1.30pm. It is a spysat for the US air force so not much is known about the payload and the stream will cut out after the upper stage separates.
The plan for this is for the side boosters to fly back and land at Cape Canaveral, the centre stage will not be recovered. I think after the other failures they've had to do it and the extra development that would be needed to figure it out with it travelling so much faster than a normal falcon 9 they would rather focus on Starship rather than this which flies so infrequently.

Logon or register to see this image
That 1330 our time or over in Florida?

That 1330 our time or over in Florida?

our time
Where's that in terms of going up? Sooner or later?
Well this falcon heavy is going up today. Starship will be weeks at the earliest for a test flight. But it has a considerably larger payload and will be able to fly multiple times per day so there seems little sense in figuring out how to land the falcon heavy centre core when really it's just a stop gap rocket until Starship comes online. Starship will also be cheaper. Which, considering this falcon heavy launch is about 1/4 of the price of a ULA Delta 4 rocket is really going to mean there is only going to be one dominant launch provider.

Last edited:
our time

Well this falcon heavy is going up today. Starship will be weeks at the earliest for a test flight. But it has a considerably larger payload and will be able to fly multiple times per day so there seems little sense in figuring out how to land the falcon heavy centre core when really it's just a stop gap rocket until Starship comes online. Starship will also be cheaper. Which, considering this falcon heavy launch is about 1/4 of the price of a ULA Delta 4 rocket is really going to mean there is only going to be one dominant launch provider.
Cheers will watch
@Nukehasslefan you gonna be watching? ;)

looks like visibility is pretty poor. Everyday astronaut is already live giving more of an introduction to what it is

two falcon heavy this month aint there?
think the problem with it is the heavy payloads have already had contracts on other rockets years in advance, think there is four this next year.

Last edited:

Back