SpaceX are going for it

True however unlike last time it didn't look uncontrollable, something clearly needs looking at but last time it looked as if the landing really damaged it (probably something to do with landing that behmoth)... didn't it bounce?

Yes there was definitely a bounce on that one and the legs didn’t all lock in when deployed. This looked a lot more solid. There was a clear gap between the skirt and the floor so it must be sitting on the legs as it should be.

Yes there was definitely a bounce on that one and the legs didn’t all lock in when deployed. This looked a lot more solid. There was a clear gap between the skirt and the floor so it must be sitting on the legs as it should be.

It's class like, that skirt has to put up with some force... and this time it didn't look to be coming in as fast/heavy

So what do they do with this one? SN16 is ready to roll out to the pad. My guess will be to pull it apart and look it over for more data in the structure.

Awesome nominal landing Elon said in a tweet

that was history right there first ever landing now they just need to repeat, SN16 will roll out in a few days

So Elon has tweeted that they may send SN15 up again

Also the fire looks like it was a thermal blanket coming off one of the engines so fairly minor. Finally for scale of the thing, which I think is hard to tell from the videos

Logon or register to see this image

Would be great if it flew again, but they will prolly take it apart to see how it performed. The folks who make the raptor engine will be keen to take a look at the engines and their state

I thought this would take a lot longer to get to, but it looks like they are quite happy with starship so far so they are going orbital.
Launch will be July with the booster turning round for a soft 'touchdown' 20miles from the coast. There is some uncertainty whether this will be a splashdown or on one of the oil platforms spacex have bought.
The starship upper stage will do once around the earth before coming down for a soft splashdown into the pacific. Interesting how the starship is defined as 'splashdown' whereas the booster is 'touchdown'.

https://apps.fcc.gov/els/GetAtt.html?id=273481&x=

I thought this would take a lot longer to get to, but it looks like they are quite happy with starship so far so they are going orbital.
Launch will be July with the booster turning round for a soft 'touchdown' 20miles from the coast. There is some uncertainty whether this will be a splashdown or on one of the oil platforms spacex have bought.
The starship upper stage will do once around the earth before coming down for a soft splashdown into the pacific. Interesting how the starship is defined as 'splashdown' whereas the booster is 'touchdown'.

https://apps.fcc.gov/els/GetAtt.html?id=273481&x=

phobos and deimos are no where near ready for starship yet.

There’s a lot going on at starbase in boca chica spacex are gearing up to launch the first full starship and heavy booster, this thing is gonna have 33 engines and boy is it gonna be impressive

they are going to literally catch future boosters right out of the air with that tower they are building

here are some great catch up vids for those interested, the next ten years are going to be bonkers impressive

it’s amazing the design and all the things they need think about

sports in zero g anyone, the Mars olympics?

Last edited:
There’s a lot going on at starbase in boca chica spacex are gearing up to launch the first full starship and heavy booster, this thing is gonna have 33 engines and boy is it gonna be impressive

they are going to literally catch future boosters right out of the air with that tower they are building

here are some great catch up vids for those interested, the next ten years are going to be bonkers impressive

it’s amazing the design and all the things they need think about

sports in zero g anyone, the Mars olympics?

Fascinating watch, them. A lot of the details go over my head, but extremely interesting none the less.

These things landing apparatus seems really flimsy to me. I know it isn't but I cant help but think that the whole vertical take off approach is going to be antiquated in the next generation.

Holy moly they are planning the big orbital launch sooner than everyone thought, great video here just out

What about it - SPACE X news

yea, they've already static fired a booster with 3 raptors. I presume that was more to test the plumbing. I am wondering how they will static fire it when there are 32 engines on the thing. There won't be a flame trench, it would literally blow a crater into the ground, which as cool as it sounds is a very bad thing because that material has to go somewhere, likely some straight back up towards the engines likely causing damage.

This booster is a ground test, they will be making another (number 4) to send up.

Number four booster is being assembled right now, and starship 20 is also almost assembled, the tower is almost finished, in fact as I type they are live streaming section 9 on the tower, that thing is massive
And yes 33 engines is going to be insane, rumour has it we may see 9 raptors static fired on booster 3 on the pad

a missing flame trench Elon musk has said may have been a mistake

Last edited:
Number four booster is being assembled right now, and starship 20 is also almost assembled, the tower is almost finished, in fact as I type they are live streaming section 9 on the tower, that thing is massive
And yes 33 engines is going to be insane, rumour has it we may see 9 raptors static fired on booster 3 on the pad

a missing flame trench Elon musk has said may have been a mistake
I get it for starship, it has to land and take off from Mars where there is no flame trench. The booster however doesn’t have that issue.

Back