SpaceX are going for it

SN9 Attempt 2.. 10km Hop. Shouldn't be too long, looks a glorious day for it.
SN9 Attempt 3 after FAA cancelled yesterday for no reason at all.. looks like a nice early morning flight test, boca chica village already cleared at 9am looks about an hour or so for take off.

Last edited:
with the delay to SN9 they literally have tests backed up. Probably hoping SN9 does a RUD to free up some space!

SN10 waiting on SN9 taking off so it can take it's place on the stand.

Logon or register to see this image

Just been looking at this on Twitter
SpaceX showing NASA how it should be done

certainly are. I haven't heard what they are doing with SLS doing another static fire after the first one cut out far too early. I also find it funny that spacex and boeing have to do various demo launches, but the SLS doesn't, obviously because each SLS costs so much they aren't planning on doing that much. Rules for one and rules for another.

On a related note:

SpaceX acquires former oil rigs to serve as floating Starship spaceports - NASASpaceFlight.com

Excellent idea imo. These rigs will have good existing infrastructure and can be repurposed for this application.
3.5 million bucks for a 10 year old DP2 rig, absolutely mental. Probably a similar amount to the scrap value but without the hassle. Cant imagine half the gear on one of those being of any use to the space race. Decent accommodation for 150 odd people and able to hold station on a postage stamp like probably be a canny job for an ex rig pig.

FAA approval for flight today

looks like they are going for it. No ETA though, it could be 20 mins or it could be 4 hours time. The fuel tanks on the ground are venting which is where fuel it put before loading onto the vehicle, it means they are full. Fuel is then loaded on and that starts venting when it's taking on fuel. The stream says that has started but I can't see it.

looks like they are going for it. No ETA though, it could be 20 mins or it could be 4 hours time. The fuel tanks on the ground are venting which is where fuel it put before loading onto the vehicle, it means they are full. Fuel is then loaded on and that starts venting when it's taking on fuel. The stream says that has started but I can't see it.

Hopefully wait until after the match is finished!

cant wait for this like, but have a poor signal, anybody have like a live text update of the launch? In case i cant get on you tube

cant wait for this like, but have a poor signal, anybody have like a live text update of the launch? In case i cant get on you tube
Propellant loading at the moment after that is engine chill which I think I heard one guy say when engine chill starts we are 11 minutes from launch

Edit: guesstimate is 15 minuted

Last edited:

Back