SpaceX are going for it

So SN11 is going to fly this coming week, probably on Monday if every5hing goes well

for those interested there are some great channels and live streams, being a nerd I have one of each running on different devices So I feel like I’m in mission control lol.

Daily video updates from right on the doorstep of spacex Nasaspaceflight

Weekly updates and live streams what about it

News and live-streams Marcus house

Streams and news everyday astronaut

there is a lot happing right now history in the making for sure
The launch should be around 6.00pm - 7.00pm UK Time Today.

decent stream here with commentary.

NASAspaceflight Stream
Is it likely to be viewable in the NE, looks a bit cloudy here at the moment ?

Is it likely to be viewable in the NE, looks a bit cloudy here at the moment ?
no mate it won't be visible its only going to 10km its a test flight of a prototype the big boy booster is a few months away. The Starship that is being launched today will actually be 'stacked' on top of a booster that is twice the size of starship!. The whole thing will be nearly 200 metres tall. This test only has 3 engines, the final thing will have 28 - yikes

no mate it won't be visible its only going to 10km its a test flight of a prototype the big boy booster is a few months away. The Starship that is being launched today will actually be 'stacked' on top of a booster that is twice the size of starship!. The whole thing will be nearly 200 metres tall. This test only has 3 engines, the final thing will have 28 - yikes
Thanks mate.

They started the re-entry burn and then the camera cut out. The lads on Overlook Horizon on YouTube managed to get their camera to see bits of stainless steel flying in all directions. Would have been canny to see if it wasn't for the fog. Wouldn't like to be the first bloke on the top of one of them like.

They started the re-entry burn and then the camera cut out. The lads on Overlook Horizon on YouTube managed to get their camera to see bits of stainless steel flying in all directions. Would have been canny to see if it wasn't for the fog. Wouldn't like to be the first bloke on the top of one of them like.

Which would you rather, be on the top of one of these which will have launched many times over, or SLS that will have people on, on it's first go?

Which would you rather, be on the top of one of these which will have launched many times over, or SLS that will have people on, on it's first go?

Unfortunately I don't think the lads at SpaceX or NASA have my number. Unless they're having a 'beer belly in space' experiment I think my days are numbered.

All these explosions are not very confidence building. Anyone know if it was deliberate or accidental?

:lol::lol: its a prototype mate, there's only been 4, SN15 has major upgrades anyways. Plus the engines are very experimental, its going to take a long time to get correct before they let humans on it, NASA only let humans get in a Dragon and F9 last year after 9 years of development.

tbf, SLS does have an abort system.
musk:

SN15 rolls to launch pad in a few days. It has hundreds of design improvements across structures, avionics/software & engine.

Hopefully, one of those improvements covers this problem. If not, then retrofit will add a few more days.

Next major technology rev is at SN20. Those ships will be orbit-capable with heat shield & stage separation system. Ascent success probability is high.

However, SN20+ vehicles will probably need many flight attempts to survive Mach 25 entry heating & land intact.

Last edited:

Back