SPACE: Talking & support group for men

SPACE: Talking & support group for men
Posted by AB22 Easy Tiger
The Palm, Sunderland, SR5 3XG.
Wednesday, April 20, 2022 - 01:00 PM
Until: Wednesday, April 20, 2022 - 02:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
@SPACEnortheast

My name’s James and I’m the Founder of a new charity in Sunderland called SPACE. For 10 years I suffered with depression, and was suicidal for 2 of those, so I’m trying to use my own experiences to help other men.
I was born and raised in Sunderland, ST holder with the lads my whole life and on the face of things I ‘shouldnt’ have had any reason to be ill but I was.
One of the worst things about all that was how I thought I was the only one who felt the way I did and I know there are thousands of lads out there who feel the same. We lose someone to suicide every 48 hours and the North East has by far the worst rates of suicide in the entire country.

This is why I have set up SPACE. To help other lads going through the same thing I did, and to stop men killing themselves. We are hosting casual support groups for men of any age to come along and have a chat with others who have shared experiences and our first Is Wed 20th April at The Palm, 7-8pm.

If any of you are feeling alone or low, or just want to come along and support others then please do, we need all the help we can get. I know Sunderland has an unbelievable community that looks after it’s own, so I really hope we can make a difference.

Thank you for reading, if you have any questions drop me a DM.

Look after each other!
CheersThe Palm, Sunderland, SR5 3XG.

@SPACEnortheast

My name’s James and I’m the Founder of a new charity in Sunderland called SPACE. For 10 years I suffered with depression, and was suicidal for 2 of those, so I’m trying to use my own experiences to help other men.
I was born and raised in Sunderland, ST holder with the lads my whole life and on the face of things I ‘shouldnt’ have had any reason to be ill but I was.
One of the worst things about all that was how I thought I was the only one who felt the way I did and I know there are thousands of lads out there who feel the same. We lose someone to suicide every 48 hours and the North East has by far the worst rates of suicide in the entire country.

This is why I have set up SPACE. To help other lads going through the same thing I did, and to stop men killing themselves. We are hosting casual support groups for men of any age to come along and have a chat with others who have shared experiences and our first Is Wed 20th April at The Palm, 7-8pm.

If any of you are feeling alone or low, or just want to come along and support others then please do, we need all the help we can get. I know Sunderland has an unbelievable community that looks after it’s own, so I really hope we can make a difference.

Thank you for reading, if you have any questions drop me a DM.

Look after each other!
CheersThe Palm, Sunderland, SR5 3XG.
Just seen this matey, thanks for posting.

Fantastic news mate, onward and upward.
Great job you're doing.

The dishes? 😂
Or building an R2D2 replica.

Back