Space Science and Astronomy thread

Gutter lol
Can rewind class:cool:

sadly not much to see of the actual separation, everyday astronaut has some on the ground footage which shows the massive cloud from when the remains of the booster hit the water but their 6k camera still couldn't see the seperation due to the clouds.

this is what it would have looked like without clouds

Last edited:
Will all be fake according to a certain poster:lol:

Was still good video though that's the final stage of testing isn't it?

pretty much, that is the last major test before people fly on it. The next is called demo mission 2, but it will have 2 men on board and (i think) will go to the ISS, once that is done the whole thing is human flight rated and they can start the rotation using that instead of the Russian Soyuz rockets.

pretty much, that is the last major test before people fly on it. The next is called demo mission 2, but it will have 2 men on board and (i think) will go to the ISS, once that is done the whole thing is human flight rated and they can start the rotation using that instead of the Russian Soyuz rockets.

I nearly seen a launch when I was a bairn at Kennedy Space Centre in Florida.

It was all up ready to go but then got cancelled at last minute due to the weather when it was going to come back into the atmosphere as it was a space shuttle.

Was delayed for a week and we went home 4 days later... still gutted to this day and I was only a bairn.

Ta, I'll try some of this
That is good advice. Another thing to consider is a planisphere for 10-15 quid on amazon. It is a disc displaying the sky that you rotate to set the time and date, and it shows you what you should be able to see. It will not show planets though.
Will all be fake according to a certain poster:lol:

Was still good video though that's the final stage of testing isn't it?
:D I do feel sorry for people like that. You can marvel at space and what humankind is achieving in just starting to explore its secrets, or quiver in paranioa because people are out to get you.

Last edited:
This "devil's horns" sunrise was captured in Qatar last month during a partial eclipse.

Elias Chasiotis, who captured the stunning photos, described the red crescent sunrise as the "most awesome sunrise I've ever seen".

Image credits: Elias Chasiotis (check out his page here https://www.facebook.com/elias.chasiotis), with special thanks to NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day website where they were first featured, and its editor, Dr Robert J. Nemiroff.

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Wow - In summer 2026 there is an eclipse at sunset over the atlantic. There might be something similar visible from the north coast of portugal/Spain

Back