Sovereign Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackemglastoid

Midfield
Just had a flashback to the President Carter Shopping Centre of yesteryear.
What else was there?
Fourbouys,Butchers,Bakers,chippy,Florist,Doxy Lad,Bookie ???
Ye olde Doxy Park!

Supermarket (Prestos)
Bakers (Greggs)
Junk Shop (Wishing Well)
Bookies (Gus Carter)
Hairdressers (Cant remember name but used to get the piss took out of me for getting my haircut there off me mates).
Greengrocers (Coombes)
Building Society (North of England Building Society)
Taxi Rank (Which used to be down the alley between Prestos and Gus Carter)
Video Shop (Sovereign)
Chip Shop (Margies)
Pub (Doxy Lad)
Newsagent (Fourbouys)

They used to have the Sports Hall right next to it and the Community Centre just up from that.

Supermarket (Prestos)
Bakers (Greggs)
Junk Shop (Wishing Well)
Bookies (Gus Carter)
Hairdressers (Cant remember name but used to get the piss took out of me for getting my haircut there off me mates).
Greengrocers (Coombes)
Building Society (North of England Building Society)
Taxi Rank (Which used to be down the alley between Prestos and Gus Carter)
Video Shop (Sovereign)
Chip Shop (Margies)
Pub (Doxy Lad)
Newsagent (Fourbouys)

They used to have the Sports Hall right next to it and the Community Centre
just up from that.

Remember them well. Used to play 5 aside in the sports hall when I was a young un. Also remember it was all grey tiled stuff in the centre with hexagonal flower pots with benches round them. Was there a tunnel/walkway past Sovereign towards the sports hall? Anyone have any old photos of it back in the day?

There was a chemist anarl.....Demnox if my fading memory serves me correctly

And...and this is possibly made up....sure there was a sitty down chinese next to the takeaway which is the pizza shop now.

Remember getting lost in Prestos when I was nipper and getting taken up to the staff room and fed caramel shortbread to stop me wailing.

There was also some fella in the car park who used to sell fish out of his boot

I also lost a mitre multiplex on the roof, freak kerb related accident....was gutted.

There was a chemist anarl.....Demnox if my fading memory serves me correctly

And...and this is possibly made up....sure there was a sitty down chinese next to the takeaway which is the pizza shop now.

Remember getting lost in Prestos when I was nipper and getting taken up to the staff room and fed caramel shortbread to stop me wailing.

There was also some fella in the car park who used to sell fish out of his boot

I also lost a mitre multiplex on the roof, freak kerb related accident....was gutted.

Don't think it was sitty down place, just a Chinese takeaway nextdoor to Pizza Oven. I recall a story about one of the chinese throwing hot pan fat over someone who was giving him shit.

The staffroom in Prestos was up some stairs to the side of the shop. I remember the day when it shut down and they sold everything off for next to nowt but I still went in and helped meself to anything I could get me hands on cos the staff didn't care.

The place stood for years and years till Morrisons was built.

I used to play football on the field behind where the precinct was next to the sports hall.

Spent most my childhood there and miss the place, I doubt there'd be any photos of the place as it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back