Southgate - time to admit this place was wrong?

He cocked up at boro when he lost scwarzer gk he used jones and turnbull, who were their camp and steele.

They could have had tommy sorenson on a free that summer, who went to stoke and did well for a few years

He’s done a really good job to be fair. Brought in a lot of young exciting players. Not the finished article, but a massive improvement on some of the dross we have had over recent years. And he comes across really well with the press/ media. He’s an intelligent lad.

100 times the national team manager Hodgson was.

We can beat these pub teams no bother
Couldn't agree more. Simply cannot be arsed with international football anymore. Whats the point domestic football, which is the thing that drives the game, is put on ice every few weeks, so our national team can show its prowess against a bunch of willing but talentless wannabes. FFS half our 3rd division fixtures were cancelled because teams such as us have "internationals"
OK if England were playing competitive games against Germany, France or Italy, but such games rarely occur, so international breaks are becoming increasingly pointless, as is the continuous expansion of the major tournaments, nothing but money earners, for we all know who, and thats without mentioning Qatar.

OK if England were playing competitive games against Germany, France or Italy, but such games rarely occur,
This.
What's the point?
So we humped Montengro 7-0, they have a population similar to the city of Leeds.
As soon as we play anyone decent in a proper competition we get beat. The International version of the Sherpa Van trophy does not count.

I think he's been fairly decisive from early in his reign. Ditched the old guard without batting the eye lids too much. Had continued to pick the form players in general and given young lads a chance when his predecessors were hesitant. Experience is a big thing and if the timing is right, harnessed with the necessity of quality, England have a chance of competing late in tournaments on regular occasions.

widely assumed to be a yes man who wouldn’t take tough decisions

- dropped Rooney, now retired
- dropped Hart (finally)
- dropped Wilshere
- dropped Cahill temporarily, instead looking at players from Leicester, Swansea and Burnley
- went to 3 at the back, and actually bothered to look at other options (like Walker in a 3)
- dropped Alli from the side when he was playing like a twat
- qualified easily, albeit from a piss poor group, with 7 wins and 2 draws from 9

Obviously we’re not gonna win the World Cup, we don’t have the players. But he’s done a much better job than most expected?
Did BSA hire Southgate?

I've said the same for years and people always laugh at me.

He will be Head of the FA one day and will do a very good job of it as well.

Couldn't agree more. Simply cannot be arsed with international football anymore. Whats the point domestic football, which is the thing that drives the game, is put on ice every few weeks, so our national team can show its prowess against a bunch of willing but talentless wannabes. FFS half our 3rd division fixtures were cancelled because teams such as us have "internationals"
OK if England were playing competitive games against Germany, France or Italy, but such games rarely occur, so international breaks are becoming increasingly pointless, as is the continuous expansion of the major tournaments, nothing but money earners, for we all know who, and thats without mentioning Qatar.

I dont watch the qualifiers and might watch a bit since get to the finals, used to watch every England match I could in telly as a kid. But had enough of it ages ago, partly down to Phillip's and Bent never getting a decent chance cause of being with us.

I agree international qualifiers are shite, but we never used to put teams to the sword used to scrape 1 or 2 goals against these shite teams. Plus you have to give the little teams a shot of qualifying, bit like the fa cup on that score.

Club football over international everyday though.

Unbeaten in qualifying for like ten years or something until that Czech game. Time to judge will be the next world cup, this farce of a euros still doesnt seem like a proper tournament.

Back