Southern Ireland

dangermows

Striker
Will its people always hate the English?

Things have been a lot better, thankfully, but it seems to be simmering again.

Brexit might see it all kick off again.

If it goes back to the bad old days it'll certainly put the so called problems with Muslims into perspective.

I
Will its people always hate the English?

Things have been a lot better, thankfully, but it seems to be simmering again.

Brexit might see it all kick off again.

If it goes back to the bad old days it'll certainly put the so called problems with Muslims into perspective.
I've got lots of Irish mates in Dublin, Cork, Drogheda, and Waterford.
In all the times I've been over there, there was only one bar in Waterford, where myself and my other English mates, were advised not to go into.
Undoubtedly, there will be some Irish people who aren't keen on the English, but I've yet to meet any of them.

I

In all the times I've been over there, there was only one bar in Waterford, where myself and my other English mates, were advised not to go into.
Undoubtedly, there will be some Irish people who aren't keen on the English, but I've yet to meet any of them.

Good to hear. Got a few mates over there at the mo and they said they were encouraged to leave by a few Irish lads. Seemed a bit strange as they are a sound bunch.

Only wankers say Eire.

This.

I

Nail on head taken loads of Sunderland mates to Ireland Irish people ALWAYS friendly to them I'm sure that Niall Quinn fella isn't anti English

I

Agreed. Been loads for dags and hasses and our boy even let slip I was ex para, the bloke who we were staying with did warn him about saying that out loud but we have had no problems.

Nail on head taken loads of Sunderland mates to Ireland Irish people ALWAYS friendly to them I'm sure that Niall Quinn fella isn't anti English
Same here mate.
Whenever we've been over visiting mates, the Irish have always been very friendly and welcoming towards us, bought us beer and chatted about football and women.
Btw the women over there loved our accents, and are always very friendly ;)

We were in Waterford for the Ireland vs Italy game in the World Cup in 1994, which the Irish won through Ray Houghton's goal.
It was absolute bedlam in the bar that night; with people celebrating until dawn.
Complete strangers bought our beer all night because we were from North East England like Big Jack Charlton.
We tried explaining how far Ashington is from Hartlepool, but they wouldn't listen.
They just kept bringing beer over to our table all night, for Big Jack's pals :D
What an amazing night, and amazing people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back