Southend ticket details.

Ended up with a panic thinking I wouldn’t get to second phase and ended up buying 3. Now lads saying they can’t be arsed going . Any idea if I can return the tickets to the club and get my money back?
I'll take one off your hands if I miss out on the next stage.

I know its a long shot, but does anybody know where the players will be staying (i take it they will be here overnight), as i am from Southend and my kids dont get to many lads games im sure they would love meeting a few of the players if they are in southend.....

Assuming there are tickets left, you'd think they'd put something out there. Not leaving people long to sort out travel and after Wembley a lot will be like me and unable to pay up front just in case

Southend fan here. Could be quite a nervous game for both sides, I'm hoping we win on Saturday and end up not needing anything because I don't fancy us to get anything against you lot.

Few tips on the ground, unfortunately it's not possible to give you more than 2,500 as the home ends will likely be full (ground actually holds more like 11,000 , they are normally 2/3 or 3/4 full for regulation league matches so they'll definitely be full for this one. So should be a sellout crowd.

Roots Hall is a Marmite ground really. Some people absolutely hate it, and some people love it. If you like comfort, a great view and lovely facilities, you'll be in the former category. If you like grounds full of character, with a decent atmosphere and being close to the pitch, you'll be in the latter. It's falling to bits but there aren't many grounds like it any more.

If you're down for a while I wouldn't bother with pubs around the ground. It's not the best area of Southend and since the demise of the Golden Lion, the only option for away fans is the Blue Boar and it is quite small. I expect the Railway Tavern will be home fans only. Your best bet is to drink in town and walk (it's about 15 minute walk from the big Wetherspoons opposite Southend Central station, and 20-25 mins walk from the seafront).

Those of you who like a proper beer might like the Trout Tavern, which is near the town centre but the right end for the ground, or even the new Mile and a Third on Hamlet Court Road (near Westcliff station) which is a fancy new ale house. Also, the pubs around Old Leigh are always cracking if you're down for the weekend and the weather's nice, but allow half an hour to get to Roots Hall from there.

The game at your place was probably the turning point in our season, think we were well poised for a playoff push but we lost Ben Coker for the season on the day, and later on it was confirmed that Tom Hopper, our main striker, would also miss the rest of the season. And we lost 3-0. Not a great day for us. Hopefully we can get over the line.

Last edited:
Southend fan here. Could be quite a nervous game for both sides, I'm hoping we win on Saturday and end up not needing anything because I don't fancy us to get anything against you lot.

Few tips on the ground, unfortunately it's not possible to give you more than 2,500 as the home ends will likely be full (ground actually holds more like 11,000 , they are normally 2/3 or 3/4 full for regulation league matches so they'll definitely be full for this one. So should be a sellout crowd.

Roots Hall is a Marmite ground really. Some people absolutely hate it, and some people love it. If you like comfort, a great view and lovely facilities, you'll be in the former category. If you like grounds full of character, with a decent atmosphere and being close to the pitch, you'll be in the latter. It's falling to bits but there aren't many grounds like it any more.

If you're down for a while I wouldn't bother with pubs around the ground. It's not the best area of Southend and since the demise of the Golden Lion, the only option for away fans is the Blue Boar and it is quite small. I expect the Railway Tavern will be home fans only. Your best bet is to drink in town and walk (it's about 15 minute walk from the big Wetherspoons opposite Southend Central station, and 20-25 mins walk from the seafront).

Those of you who like a proper beer might like the Trout Tavern, which is near the town centre but the right end for the ground, or even the new Mile and a Third on Hamlet Court Road (near Westcliff station) which is a fancy new ale house. Also, the pubs around Old Leigh are always cracking if you're down for the weekend and the weather's nice, but allow half an hour to get to Roots Hall from there.

The game at your place was probably the turning point in our season, think we were well poised for a playoff push but we lost Ben Coker for the season on the day, and later on it was confirmed that Tom Hopper, our main striker, would also miss the rest of the season. And we lost 3-0. Not a great day for us. Hopefully we can get over the line.
Echo the idea of old leigh. Or hop off the train at Benfleet on route - some lovely pubs

Cheers mate. Is the Foresters Arms still open offering a more cultured experience for us more refined lovers of art?

Back